nLite freezes!

medi

Hello,

I have Windows XP Proffesional with Service Pack 3 - Volume Licence .iso file, from MSDN. It is mounted into a virtual CD drive.

When I try to open it using nLite, it asks me about location of Windows installation. Then, it correctly copies the contents of .iso into destination folder (which I choose). But, when it finishes Copying, when it starts the Scanning process, after cca 5 seconds, it displays information about Windows XP (Windows XP Proffesional, English (United States), Service Pack: 3, Version: 5.1.2600.5512), and then, it freezes! Combobox (with 'Scanning...' text) and all buttons (Browse, Back, Next) except Cancel are disabled (dimmed). When I click anywhere on nLite window, the title bar shows a standard 'Not Responding' Windows message. I tried several things to resolve this problem:

- Checked the SHA1 fingerprint of Windows XP .iso file. It is OK!

- Leave nLite for a half an hour to finish Scanning. Nothing!

- Tried to burn the .iso on CD. The same thing happens!

- Tried different versions of nLite (1.4.8, 1.4.7, 1.4.1) with different versions od .NET Framework (2.0 SP1, 3.0, 3.5). Nothing!

- Tried on other PC computers. Nothing, the same!

- Tried different destination folders for copying. The same!

- Tried manual copying of CD contents, then selecting folder on a HDD to scan. Again, the same!

It just freezes after Copying, during Scanning process, after it displays information about Windows instalation! Maybe nLite just doesn't support this Windows XP edition? If that is so, please tell me, so I can start finding another solution for integrating my SATA drivers?!

After copying, the start of scanning process:

pic2kr3.th.jpg

After displaying windows instalation information:

pic3ch7.th.jpg

Edited by medi

Hm, interesting. I left nLite to Scan more than a half an hour, and after cca hour and a half, it finished. Also, additional info appears after Scanning process, which wasn't present when it froze: Size! Looks like it has some difficulties with size resolving!

this is how i use nlite..

i manually copy my xp disc to C:\XPCD

disable ALL antivirus/spyware scanners

point nlite at C:\XPCD, takes about 1-3 seconds to scan..

i do have a good pc though

I uninstalled apsolutely everything, except .NET Framework and nLite. Also, I tried on other (faster and newer) computers, the problem was the same. The conclusion is that processing speed isn't relevant for this problem.

btw. I have another problem. After selecting AHCI SATA Driver .inf file and Bootable CD option, nLite stops (doesn't freeze, just stop) at 4. phase: Processing setup files?! What a hell is wrong now?! I will leave it for an hour to get out of it. If it doesn't make it, I'm doing slipstreaming manualy, and never use nLite again ...

have that proplem sometimes to sometims it works sometimes it dosent and frezze but have happen only when i use deamon tools..

and it have happend in 1.4.7 and in 1.4.8 an i think in 1.4.6 to ..

Edited by EvveLover

• 11 months later...

medi, I suspect you copied your CD to the root directory (C:\) and not to a folder. This causes nLite to scan your entire HDD, takes a long time and yields huge byte counts. Copy your CD to a new empty folder and point nLite to that folder. Enjoy, John.

johnhc, do you see when medi posted this? And he also wasn't active on this forum since then, so I doubt this will be useful from him. Maybe, just for others.

Cheers ;)

yeah blame me.... oh wait im sure no one else is going to get this problem... and it would be good to try and get it solved for others that do come across this problem as it was linked in another post

Guys...

This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.
Please do not bash old topics when a member has made it active again, it's been made active for a good reason; to answer an unanswered question, or to bring new information. It does not need to be closed or deleted.
:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

(edit) UPDATE!!!

Zone Alarm Internet Suite was crashing RyanVM and nLite. Probably good-ol' True Vector doing its thing as usual.

After I uninstalled Zone Alarm, RyanVM work flawlessly (unplug your internet first!) . I slipstreamed SP3 into my XP sorce folder on my HD. It just won't work with Zone Alarm, even when permissions for RyanVM are set to "SUPER".

I'll try nLite next, but I bet it works now!

(end edit) (end update)

I've used nLite and RyanVM plenty of times.

NOW, the last few days I've been trying to integrate a fresh XP Home SP0 with SP3, but need to slipstream SP2 first (supposedly).

I can't even slipstream SP2 or SP3 with nLite, or RyanVM now! They both freeze after the "extracting service pack" part and never get to the actual slipstreaming.

It freezes the whole PC and I have to manualy reboot (pull the plug or use the power switch).

(Edited for length) :thumbup

Edited by kd6aaj

I can't even slipstream SP2 or SP3 with nLite, or RyanVM now! They both freeze after the "extracting service pack" part and never get to the actual slipstreaming.

It freezes the whole PC and I have to manualy reboot (pull the plug or use the power switch).

This strongly indicates to me that both of your network installation packages are corrupted, or your hard drive has serious problems. You should try downloading them again and/or using a different computer to slipstream.

Edited by 5eraph