What not to remove for Nokia PC Suite 6.86.9.3?

rado354

Nokia PC Suite installs fine, the cable connection with the phone works. However there is a problem with the Nokia's modem and CDC Comms Interface. Do you have any ideas what component is required?

• 2 weeks later...
Nokia PC Suite installs fine, the cable connection with the phone works. However there is a problem with the Nokia's modem and CDC Comms Interface. Do you have any ideas what component is required?

same problem here! I has been able to recover the modem support copying these files:

avmeter.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

avtapi.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

avwav.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

communic.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

csamsp.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hticons.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

htrn_jis.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hypertrm.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hypertrm.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

lights.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

mdminst.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

mdmsetup.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

modem.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

modemcsa.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

modemcsa.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

modemui.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

rootmdm.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

serwvdrv.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

telephon.cpl C:\WINDOWS\system32

umdmxfrm.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

unimdm.tsp C:\WINDOWS\system32

unimdmat.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

uniplat.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

usbser.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

winchat.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

but it's not enough, how do i recover com&lpt support and modem drivers?

thanx all!

I think it's pointless to remove stuff from windows just to install more bloat. :)

Just keep the whole thing if you use it.

GL

the problem is that i got the this image because i have space problems and this is great except for the modem issue... i hope somebody could help me to solve this problem!

thanx in advance!

This problem is getting annoying. After dozens of installations... still no luck :wacko:

WinXP SP0 + SP3 + removing components with nLite 1.4.6

Check my last session file for details.

Whatever I do, I always get these error screens:

errorin1.th.jpg error2ud4.th.jpg

@ GrofLuigi - what exactly should I keep?

@ EvveLover - What's "multifunctional"? I didn't remove Ports (COM and LPT) & modem support.

Here is what I tried today:

1. Loaded my last session, unchecked all components in Hardware Support - same error.

2. Loaded my last session, unchecked all components in Network - same error.

3. Loaded my last session, unchecked all components in Operating System Options - same error.

4. Loaded my last session, unchecked all components in Services - same error.

I see at least 3-4 users have similar problems, any help is much appreciated! Nuhi?

:hello:

Rado.ini

Edited by rado354

Drivers --> Modems - for some reason this component is required for the Nokia modem.

As you can see the driver is not the one coming with WinXP, so I can't understand why it is required?

nokiaex8.th.gif

10MB bigger ISO and 30MB bigger C:\ because of the stupid modem drivers component :sneaky:

Nuhi, can you have a close look on this component and find out why it is required, please?

For everyone else having problems with Nokia PC Suite, check out my last session file ;)

Rado.ini

Edited by rado354

Can I suggest that, if this is important to you, that you go about it more logically rather than just continually installing seemingly random configurations.

The one thing that you know for sure is that the suite works fine on a FULL XP install so . . .

i) Use VPC or VMWare to install a full blown XP,

ii) inside this PC install Nokia suite

iii) Use a process monitor such as Dependency Walker HERE to monitor what dlls it uses.

• 1 month later...

i think that the problem is the "com support"... if remove a nokia phone is not recognized as modem... I have the same problem, and i need to reintegrate the "com support" but don't know which file i have to copy/reinstall... can somebody help me?

thanx a lot

• 3 months later...

Have the same problem.

What component have you add and start working ? COM support ?

I've managed to add the new keyboard layouts of my language that where off in the ISO I'm using.

With the modem, I've tried copying some drivers such as usbser*.sys and CDC COM port seem to be working right, but still have the problem with the modem and this component can't install. Even I've tried to copy all drivers and dllcache from another computer with a full XP install, and Nokia modem install can't install properly.

Thanks...

JORGE