What not to remove for Nokia PC Suite 6.86.9.3?

rado354

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was having the same problem (the invalid INF section), and I believe I have solved the mystery - well at least it worked for me :)

I basically expanded the mdmcpq.inf file from my unmodified XP CD, and put it in the INF subdir of my XP installation, and ta-da! The driver got finally installed.

I can't remember what I removed while using nLite, anyway I wrote down the name of that file so that I'll put it in the Keep files section from now on :)

For completeness, setupapi.log (from the XP installation directory) cries also about a FxsOcm.dll file which is missing (it seems to be an optional component for the Fax subsystem..?), and I was going to add that file as well, but as everything seems to work, I just won't.

Sorry for my English (I'm from Italy), and I hope this will help someone out there...

• 6 months later...
Hello,

I was having the same problem (the invalid INF section), and I believe I have solved the mystery - well at least it worked for me :)

I basically expanded the mdmcpq.inf file from my unmodified XP CD, and put it in the INF subdir of my XP installation, and ta-da! The driver got finally installed.

Confirmed! It works. I had to add the "usbser.sys" driver. Summarizing, 2 files are needed: mdmcpq.inf (put it in \windows\inf) and usbser.sys (put it in \windows\system32\drivers). I think nlite function to leave files on the resulting media should work. Thanks Slurpymeister.

Edited by ceztko

• 1 month later...

where can i recover these files from when i look at my original disk half arent on there

and how do i expand them

avmeter.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

avtapi.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

avwav.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

communic.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

csamsp.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hticons.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

htrn_jis.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hypertrm.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

hypertrm.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

lights.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

mdminst.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

mdmsetup.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

modem.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

modemcsa.inf C:\WINDOWS\inf

modemcsa.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

modemui.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

rootmdm.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

serwvdrv.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

telephon.cpl C:\WINDOWS\system32

umdmxfrm.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

unimdm.tsp C:\WINDOWS\system32

unimdmat.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

uniplat.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

usbser.sys C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

winchat.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32

Edited by b-man

b-man, I suspect most of these files will be compressed into .DL_, .EX_, etc. Most compression utilities will expand them. I use 7-Zip. There is also the command line Expand command that will also. See the Help and Support on the Start Menu. Enjoy, John.