Vote : Which Version Of Office Do You Like ?

Redhatcc

Which Version Of Office Do You Like?  

25 members have voted

1. 1.

• Office 97
    • Office 2000
    • Office XP
    • Office 2003
    • Office 2007

I like the keyboard accelerator of 2007

I like Excel 2007 better

I don't notice a difference with Word

I like PowerPoint 2007 better, but I'm disappointed that they took away the Macro recorder

I don't notice a difference with Outlook

I was on the beta team for Office 2007 so I saw the first few iterations of the ribbon. I HATED it at first but between using it for a while and the iterations it went through before going final I started to realize how much better it is than the actual menu system in earlier versions. It honestly is much easier to use once you get used to it.

And I have to agree, Excel 2007 rocks. Previously buried features have been brought into the open now, others have been made easier to use (conditional formatting anyone?), and some of the new features are down right awesome.

If you're in an enterprise environment, you absolutely must stand up SharePoint Server 2007. The collaboration features are very nice and the Office integration is much tighter than previous versions making things nearly transparent.

Oh, and for those of you who've hated FrontPage over the years, give SharePoint Designer a serious look. Gone are the days of replacing your code with what it thinks should be there and some serious new features have been added. It really has matured into a great editor.

Nothing really useful for me after 97.

Smart tags? Puke...

GL

I wholeheartedly agree!

And, in what regards Word 2007, every time I've had to work on it, for any reason, it gives me the hardest of times having to figure out where things are all the time... :puke: