problem accessing the internet

leinan

Hi again. I just finish making another nlited sp3 and testing this on virtual box. Installing is fine, integration of WMP11, IE7, Nero, folder marker works fine, audio works too but when I tried to test my internet I can't seem to connect. Virtual box settings are set to default. Maybe in my last session file is the answer. Please help me to locate the problem. Thank you in advance.

I have a DSL connection.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by leinan

@leinan you are crazy! :)

You removing neraly evrything and wondering why someting dont work! :whistle:

The main fail is the removed LAN drivers, your VM dont work just with love and air!

So please put in some LAN Drivers for your VM!

Many other things a dangerous too, and i am not shure if i translate evry thing reight in my brain.

(so i am not shure with everything, butyou should think about)

# Drivers #

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)

Ethernet (LAN)

Wireless Ethernet (WLAN) (= not only for WLAN!!!)

;# Operating System Options #

Certificate Management

;# Services #

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

DNS Client

Event Log

Extensible Authentication Protocol Service

Internet Authentication (IAS)

IPSEC Policy Agent

Kerberos Key Distribution Center

Network Access Protection (NAP)

Network DDE

Network Location Awareness (NLA)

Network Provisioning

Performance Logs and Alerts

Protected Storage

Wired AutoConfig

Wireless Configuration

Your Tweks, specially the Networks ones a not perfect too!

And the best one at last!

You removing a lot stuff, but then you put in:

D:\Utilities\Nlite_Addons\nero-8.3.2.1-english-lite.cab
:thumbup

Nero my be not bad put this is a huge pice oft software, only with this you mess up more than you clean with nlite!

Dont take this wrong! its just my opinion! Maybe you have some reason to do like you do! :ph34r:

Hi danker don't get me wrong here. I'm totally noob in customizing windows using nlite :blushing: . I just copied some from other post :lol: here. I just want to trim down my windows and i'm amazed of how people can do this. I have waste a lot of cd's, formatting my drive coz' I really want to make it right. In nero's case I love that program especially the wave editor that's why I'm keeping it but not the bloated one. So you were saying that I have to retain the LAN driver's? Can you be more specific please or are these really needed to be able to have a connection? Thank you.

You are suppose to integrate your PCI or integrated LAN drivers into the nlited xp if you removed the one that came with xp if im correct. otherwise you need to reinstall them after xp is installed. At least that what i did and worked.

You kill a lot of necessary stuff, just look at my quote from your "last session.ini", maybe i miss something and maybe if have something you can remove in that quote.

As a new user i would suggest to be more carefully, inside nlite there are some presets you can use in the beginning.

Examble:

# Drivers #

Ethernet (LAN)

This are the standard XP-Lan drivers, i would bet that your VM are require this one.

A VM simulate a real hardware, and hardware wont work without drivers!

In a VM you can go ahead in small easily steps, dont be haste! The VM allways will wait for you!

What i trying to say, make some smal changes, run it in your VM - its evry thing working fine for you just remove a littel bit more. On this way you get a feeling what to need and what is only crab!

You are suppose to integrate your PCI or integrated LAN drivers into the nlited xp if you removed the one that came with xp if im correct. otherwise you need to reinstall them after xp is installed. At least that what i did and worked.

Thank you for your reply but if you haven't d/l my last session it states there that I integrate the latest driver that's why I remove the ethernet/LAN driver. :)

@danker I understand what you are trying to say now in the case of VM. But am using another hdd now to test it and removing some of them maybe I can still use the internet. Just don't know what is really needed. Thanks for trying to make me understand.

Edited by leinan