Can i fit vista on a floppy

MsFanboy

All theese pointless efforts are ridiculous.

Are you all still using your old 4.3 gig drive ? or maybe you still hang to your old

pentium 3 with 128 meg of ram ? If some modules are not used by you, simple , let it sleep there that is all

or better use an older version of windows with a good firewall and antivirus as it seems nobody here like vista as it was designed.

Maybe you guys are smarter than micro$off but by reading this forum all i can see is a multitude of bugs created by this nonsense

culling with a revamped sysprep/imagex. There are enough bugs already embedded in vista i cannot see the point of introducimg even more bugs with vlite. Honestly i know this may seem harsh but all of you guys are simply wasting your time.

Try to have a life, find a girlfriend, go fishing , practice a sport and i am sure no one will waste one mour minute on

this highly ridiculous project

:whistle:

:realmad: Dude, if thats all you have to contribute to this forum, i suggest you go on with your own life...

We dont ask you to use Vlite do we?

and its ok to have a other way of looking at stuff, but the way you tell it is not very nice...

Damian666

Edited by damian666

as i said it may sound harsh...

if you guys cant take any criticism then i guess this a kind of sect like theese linux nerds

but without any knowledge, only point and click capacities.

Btw sp00f i am sure i could be your father. And i am sorry damian666 if i hurtd your feelings

as for legoliam i do not answer to gross language, shame on you kid

Bled

yes i have used it but i have better result by tweaking the os and deactivate unnessary services

because all the dependencies re still in there.If an application does not run properly i just reactivate the necessary functionality if its not becuse of native vista incapacity to run the app.

And who care if it takes 5 more gigs on the drive. Today you can buy a 320 gig drive for 85 bucks and 2 gig of ram for 40.00

All theese pointless efforts are ridiculous.

Are you all still using your old 4.3 gig drive ?

actually yes, i'm using vLite to install Vista on my laptop with an 8Gb IDE/compact flash drive, and i could do it on a 4Gb drive as well if i wanted to. SSDs with their relatively small capacities have generated a massive interest in small OS installations, and vLite is the best tool available for achieving this, IMHO.

Timmer

So you install a trimmed down vista on a 4 or 8 gig ide flash and you will have no space left ...

if an os only use is to surf the web or edit wordpad stuff its ok but then would i use vista for such tasks?

common ,, give me better raisons.

there are far better small os alternative even in windows family

There is a tangible benefit from using vlited Vista vs RTM vista.Vlited version not only reduces HDD footprint but also reduces memory footprint and gives better performance in games.I admit.The overerall performance difference may not be more than 15% but in my opinion its worth it.Take it this way:As car enthusiasts modify their car to be lighter and more powerful.PC enthusiasts tune their PC to be more powerful and their main software(OS) to be more lighter.

You also brought an example that HDD-s and memory are cheap.Id like to ask.Where?.Oh..let me think.In US Right?.Well suprise...US isnt the world.Some countries still employ stupid taxes and regulations that in effect raise hardware costs to ridicolous levels compared to US.If i would live in US i would have 3 times(300%) more powerful PC because HW is generally cheap in US.

hehehe nice thread.....

i suppose u heard of free of choice .....so its your choice to belive what u belive but leave others have their own way of life. nobody tries to tell u what to do or what to live your life. so please dont do this for others.

if u think this project is ridiculous then dont use it.

i hope u have a nice life....cya

Edited by boooggy

vLite @#$!s your mother @#$%!. I won't even use Vista without it. Oh btw moron Vista is faster than xp if you know what your doing, but an az clown like you doesn't know how to tie shoelaces. Look everything comes loose by default until you have had a clean system you dont know how a pc works. Keep waiting for code lags to give you what you want. My shet blinks. I'm watching hd movies on clane az coreavc ffdshow I have 400 hd movies in my collection now. I don't even have time to watch them all. It's cleaner than sabayon. It's cleaner than xp; you know nothing. You aren't on my level of entertainment and you never will be; no wonder you find a pc boring, and have to go play outside for fun. I don't spend all my time on the pc, but yes I spend most of my day on it, and to be honest thomas jefferson said you cant be free and ignorant so we know you are a slave. Information never ends and I can tell you are mentally stunted. Peace out stupid.

As damian666 has said. If you dont like vLite, dont use it. Simple as that.

We dont tell you to not use Software Y (because its a waste of time), so dont tell us to not use vLite.

Edited by anonymous_user

Yes - just like cars - you fiddle with what has you interest - and many times just for the fun of it, or the leaning experience that lay within doing it.

Maybe you don't see the need to shrink you installation - but you may still learn a thing or two from looking over the options nLite has to offer.

Kind Regards.