30" monitor

fivestars

Well personally I do think that too expensive for me, with that budget I can get a tv.

A TV won't have the resolution of a monitor. Most LCD/Plasma HDTVs have a "VGA" resolution of 1360x768. That 30" monitor has a resolution of 2560x1600. It costs quite a bit more to produce a panel that size with that high of a resolution.

Of course, I wouldn't pay $2000 for it either, but they do have the 24" 2408WFP for $600, which is well worth it considering all of the inputs it supports (it can also double as a 1080p HDTV).

Note that while the 3008WFPs are around $2000 USD right now, the older generation 3007WFPs are around $1000 USD, and provide basically the same display (it isn't hardware scaling, nor does it have the extra ports/cardreader/kitchen sink the 3008 does). You can also find decent 28" displays for around $600 - $800 USD too, which may be a cheaper/better option.

I would like to add 2 things more:

- A 30" Monitor needs the appropriate hardware to get the screen working on it’s native resolution, thus DUAL DVI is needed.

- A LCD-TV does not have a 16:10 size ratio, it has 16:9 and some games will not have these display settings.

After reading this thread (and the links in it) I've gotten more interrested in having multiple smaller monitors rather than a large one. Maybe 3x24" or 3x27-28", or maybe a combination of 1x27-28"+2x24".

Especially if you want to game at the native res...you need a powerful setup. I of course went a bit overboard but I am glad I did because the 9800 series dont got anything on my setup :P I still have yet to try Crysis on my system so I am looking forward to that. I just have 4 games waiting for me to finish them before I can play Crysis or anything like that :P