Vista TCPIP.SYS patch thread

[TiLT]

I have pre-integrated SP1, i even used imagex and manually put it in the installation source and replaced the original... then installed. Already used Drivercert tool on it. I remove WinSXS using vLite so couldn't find the folder to delete. All i have to do is press F8 and select disable driver check, that's all.

Just uploaded the spare tcpip.sys i store on another partition, so that definitely hasn't been replaced by the original and IS patched and certified (using DriverCert tool).

Edited by LegoLiamâ„¢

It is currently impossible to patch tcpip.sys in SP1. Microsoft has digitally signed the driver and checks it upon boot up. Patching the file in SP1 will prevent you from booting your system, even into safe mode. Fortunately, there's a work around. Go to mydigitallife and download the cracktcpip.sys driver. You have to manually install it, but documentation is provided and quite easy. Basically, cracktcpip.sys runs parallel to tcpip.sys and monitors the memory address that limits half-open connections to 10 in Vista. Because the value is only two digits in hex, cracktcpip.sys can only change the maximum half-open connections to 255, but hey, I'm not complaining now that I can use my browser along side my torrent client again. I've tested it on un-vlited x32 Vista as well as vlited x32 Vista, and the only error I've found in Event Viewer is under security, Event ID 5038 (System Integrity; image hash is invalid or corrupt). Eset Nod32 doesn't consider the file a threat, either. Until my school provides me with a free copy of Server 2008 (which doesn't have a connection limit), I'll be using Vista with cracktcpip.sys.

I've been downloading some torrents lately with lots of seeders and leechers. Every time i tried surfing online at the same time, with 20mbit connection, i got disconnected. And tons of them errors msgs in event viewer. Definitively giving this a go.

edit: I spoke to soon perhaps "

To use this driver you must press F8 at every Windows boot load.

Then, in the boot menu, choose the option to disable driver signature.

Vista will now boot successfuly."

Do you guys have to press f8 at every boot? That's just insane =)

Edited by TranceEnergy

I've been downloading some torrents lately with lots of seeders and leechers. Every time i tried surfing online at the same time, with 20mbit connection, i got disconnected. And tons of them errors msgs in event viewer. Definitively giving this a go.

edit: I spoke to soon perhaps "

To use this driver you must press F8 at every Windows boot load.

Then, in the boot menu, choose the option to disable driver signature.

Vista will now boot successfuly."

Do you guys have to press f8 at every boot? That's just insane =)

No.We use Readydriver Plus v.1.1 :thumbup

If you don't want to use readydriverplus you can use this command to enable test mode

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

btw you'll have a Test Mode watermarks been labeled on four corner of desktop

Edited by hannubys

Thanks, i came over a good article on the whole driver checking ordeal. MS is of course trying to stop it as it did with xp's service pack.

I didnt like the Ready Plus method and the test mode seems kinda obscure. What to do, what to do. Anyway, i uninstalled it now, going to check if the uninstaller did its job ok. Removed the "re-enable uac prompt" that is inside the uninstall patch.bat file, before i runned it.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/02/26/u...-bit-vista-x64/

Considering that the limit was 65536 in XP gold, and then reduced to 10, it makes you wonder..