[tool] addons2wpi converter

addons2wpi

This tool will allow you to batch convert your addons and easily use WPI instead of nLite to install them along with Windows. It was meant for unattended use and you only need to mention the folder where the nLite addons are placed and the folder where WPI is located when launching the tool from the command prompt or a script.

addons2wpi is freeware and everyone is welcome to use and share as needed.

More features will surely be added upon request.

addons2wpi.PNG

download_button.gif

Usage:

addons2wpi.exe AddonFolder WPIfolder

• AddonFolder is where you have all your addons
  • WPI folder is where WPI.hta is placed

Some notes:

• It will look specifically for CAB/7Zip/RAR/ZIP files inside the addons folder and respective subfolders.
  • All entries are placed inside the WPIScripts folder and will overwrite config.js with the new entries - please backup this file if you wish to keep your customized settings.
  • My experience with nLite and WPI is still very recent, if something needs to be corrected please mention any details that need attention and I will work to solve them.

One tip when using the command line parameters:

If your path contains any spaces like for example: My Documents - you need to use "" as this format: "My Documents" so that windows can properly recognize these spaces in the path name.

Thank you!! :)

Translation of this page on other languages:

Edited by Nuno Brito

Great initiative Nuno! Personally, I don't use nLite but this will be a great tool for those users who do. Although I believe there may be a problem with the release. I was trying it out just to see what exactly it did and it imports the config data just fine, but the executables are not extracted to the WPI install folder.

Will you help debugging this annoyance? :rolleyes:

What are the paths you used for running the tool?

Could you also list the addons that were processed?

If the config.js is generated correctly then the "%wpipath%\Install" folder should also be populated with the respective executables.

--

Thank you for testing!! :)

No mistakes!

I used Simple Paths for addons i used C:/Addons and for wpi i used C:/WPI

it works good just wanted to add a request what do you think about adding support to converting 7z ,rar and zip files too ?

Ok. As i said i don't use nLite so i just downloaded a few addons to mess around with. They are:

Java2

PuTTy

RivaTuner-208

SdNTweaker-0901

addons2wpi.exe is located on my desktop. Here are the commands I've tried:

C:\Users\mmims\Desktop>addons2wpi.exe Addon "\Users\mmims\All WPI's\WPI63"

C:\Users\mmims\Desktop>addons2wpi.exe .\Addon "C:\Users\mmims\All WPI's\WPI63"

C:\Users\mmims\Desktop>addons2wpi.exe C:\Users\mmims\Desktop\Addon "C:\Users\mmims\All WPI's\WPI63"

In each case, the config.js file is populated correctly. Nada in the install folder.

Oh yeah, I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate.

I think I've found the bug - I'm using delphi and "All WPI's" causes a line break because of the '

If you try with "All WPIs" it should work (hopefully).

Will test on my machine and likely update afterwards.

:)

Edited by Nuno Brito

No mistakes!

it works good just wanted to add a request what do you think about adding support to converting 7z ,rar and zip files too ?

Somehow missed reading your request.

I can use the 7zip command line version to add support for all other archive formats and whenever 7z.exe is available on the same folder as addons2wpi then it use this extract tool as default for all supported extensions.

http://www.7-zip.org/

But one question: addons in other compressed formats still have the exact same structure as cab ones?

No mistakes!

Somehow missed reading your request.

I can use the 7zip command line version to add support for all other archive formats and whenever 7z.exe is available on the same folder as addons2wpi then it use this extract tool as default for all supported extensions.

http://www.7-zip.org/

But one question: addons in other compressed formats still have the exact same structure as cab ones?

Yes they are i'm gonna give you a link of a 7zip addon now ;)

http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/PatchedL...1107_Builder.7z

from

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...p;mode=threaded