[tool] addons2wpi converter

Hi! desde já os parabéns pelo teu trabalho nuno! E e bom saber que há tugas por estas bandas!

Queria saber uma questão, que deve ser muito fácil mas como é a primeira vez que ando a mexer com o WPI... até agora tenho sempre andado com os addons para o nlite, e alguns outros tipos de ficheiros usando o Ryan Integrator. Gostava de saber se esta tua ferramenta funciona para aqueles addons que não são simples executaveis (.exe), até porque em quase tudo o que vi sobre isto é como .exe sem nada mais.

Por exemplo instalar themes (visual styles) em que o addon faz é só transportar os ficheiros (jpeg,theme,...etc) para a pasta Resources... o WPI ou a tua ferramenta são capazes de fazer isto?

Estive a tentar mexer em nlite addons para wpi addons mas não vi alteração dos .inf...

Obrigado!

Quick translation:

Can this tool and/or WPI handle other filetypes besides .exe such as themes?

Reply:

[portuguese]

Olá!

Realmente é raro ver mais gente da nossa "terrinha" por estas bandas e fico feliz de ver mais conterrâneos.

Não faço ideia se seja possível copiar ficheiros de um lado para o outro com o WPI, terás mesmo de perguntar ou ler a documentação para ter a certeza. O meu objectivo era ter uma ferramenta deste tipo para facilitar a conversão dos addons para o formato WPI mas também comecei recentemente a mexer com este método.

[/portuguese]

Translation:

Nice to see more people from our home land.

I don't know if it's possible to copy files from one folder to another as you mention, guess you'll have to ask other members or read WPI's documentation to be sure. My goal was a simple tool to convert addons to the WPI format and I've just recently began working with it.

:)

Sorry! i should had donne a little translation like you did! :blushing:

I went to the "official" site of the WPI, and it pretty much just talks around the exe's files and no other file types like .dll or jpeg etc...

So what i can understand is that your tool is more for "transforming" the .inf (? or that text files) of the nlite addon language to the wpi "language" right?

eheh I know what you mean.

We share a very good language, it's just too bad that the rest of world doesn't understand it like we do.. :whistle:

So what i can understand is that your tool is more for "transforming" the .inf (? or that text files) of the nlite addon language to the wpi "language" right?

It will:

• unpack the addon file
  • read the inf file and get the command line
  • copy files to the target folder
  • write changes on config.js

The complete description can be read from the source code.

If you need more features then perhaps we can also add them.

See you later! :)

And that target folder should be the "Install" folder inside the WPI folder right?

I've done (i think) just like the wpi site tells you so, my Windows Folder... has all the "normal" folders... the I386, etc... and to other... the $OEM$ (that o downloaded from the wpi site) and the WPI.

I've notice that it really does some work, your tool, when i go for the WPI.hta it has there the nem files... but no sign of the software from the addon in none of those folders... just an unpacked stuff in the Addon Folder that you ask in your tool...

Hope you can understand me... :blushing:

You got Nlite to do that ;)

It chops down Windows XP installs Maximally and it patches Uxtheme.dll plus it can automatically add themes ;)(Visual Styles)

Hi!

Yes, i know that... and until now i was just usng nlite and somes times ryan's integrator... what i now want is to make those addons to be installed just if i want... and have options. With nlite the instalation of all the addons is automatic, what i wanted with WPI is to install just what i need/want from the addons that i put in the Windows cd...

hope you can understand me.

For example: i want to make a xp cd with and .net framework (from 1.1 sp1 until the 3.5, all separeted) but in some pc i just want to install 1.1 and 2.0 no more, on other pc i want to install 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5... because with nlite addon i will have to install for certain all the .net frameworks, just because they install autmaticaly. With WPI i can have the option to install just want i want (and when i want!) which is very good!

Soory for my bad english!

There for i wanted to know if WPI can, rather than install .exe or .msi, if it can "copy" .dll and other stuff like the theme addons!

WPI can copy anything that dos can :)

you only need to set the command1 to like copyfile (if you copy only one file ) or copydir (for directories) :)

However you should know that you also need to patch UXtheme.dll :)

WPI can copy anything that dos can :)

you only need to set the command1 to like copyfile (if you copy only one file ) or copydir (for directories) :)

However you should know that you also need to patch UXtheme.dll :)

Ok! thanks! that's what i wanted to know!! :D

Yes... i'm thinking of doing the work with nlite to make the basics, like remove some stuff, some reg tweaks and some addons... and WPI for all other software and themes and whatever for the opcional instalation!

Do you have or know of some king of tutorial so set that up? for those commands?

Thank you very much for your help, it is being very useful!

It's Very easy here i will show you how it works ex(DIRCOPY):

DIRCOPY %wpipath%\example C:\

DIRCOPY (source) (destination)

that will work ;)

very easy however you should ask the dev of WPI for more info he knows this stuff better than i do ;)

And "DIRCOPY %wpipath%\example C:\ " goes where? Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this...

Could you or kel explain to me how to "convert" this theme (for example to other stuff) nlite addon of Gorki to a WPI "language"?

The .ini

;Gorki
[general]
builddate=27/10/2007
description=IllumeCG Theme
language=Multilanguage
title=IllumeCG Themes
version=0.99a
website=http://spaceqcg.deviantart.com/art/IllumeCG-0-99a-65481358

[sysoc]
IllumeCG Theme=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,IllumeCG.inf,HIDE,7

[dosnet_files]
d1,IllumeCG.inf
d1,IllumeCG.cab

[txtsetup_files]
IllumeCG.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0
IllumeCG.cab = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3

[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\IllumeCG.inf

[HexEdit]
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2180|113178|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2523|104714|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2845|104746|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090

The .inf

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles =Theme.Files,IllumeCG.MsStyle,Shell.Normal,Shell.Gray,Wall.Files

[IllumeCG Theme]
OptionDesc =IllumeCG"
Tip ="Theme"
Modes =0,1,2,3
CopyFiles =Theme.Files,IllumeCG.MsStyle,Shell.Normal,Shell.Gray,Wall.Files

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1="IllumeCG Theme Files","IllumeCG.cab",,"i386"

[DestinationDirs]
Theme.Files =10,%THEME%
IllumeCG.MsStyle=10,%COMSST%
Shell.Normal =10,%NO%
Shell.Gray =10,%GR%
Wall.Files =10,%WALL%

[SourceDisksFiles]
Gray_ss.dll =1
NormalColor_ss.dll=1
IllumeCG.msstyles =1
IllumeCG.Theme =1
Vineyard.jpg =1

[Theme.Files]
IllumeCG.Theme

[IllumeCG.MsStyle]
IllumeCG.msstyles

[Shell.Normal]
Shellstyle.dll,NormalColor_ss.dll

[Shell.Gray]
Shellstyle.dll,Gray_ss.dll

[Wall.Files]
Vineyard.jpg

[Strings]
THEME="Resources\Themes"
COMSST="Resources\Themes\IllumeCG"
NO="Resources\Themes\IllumeCG\Shell\NormalColor"
GR="Resources\Themes\IllumeCG\Shell\Gray"
WALL="Web\Wallpaper"

Inside of the .cab are the files:

Gray_ss.dll

IllumeCG.msstyles

IllumeCG.Theme

NormalColor_ss.dll

Vineyard.jpg

All these 3 files (.ini , .inf and .cab) are compressed by .rar that serves as addon for nlite...

can someone help me?