Integrate Service Pack 1 ?

stellarzork

you can't

ms will release updated images, i'm not sure how publically availiable they'll be

you are right. sadly there won't be slipstreaming ability on SP1.

i just hope they release refreshed images as soon as they send it via Windows Update.

what a pain in the a**.

shame on Microsoft for not taking proper steps on integrating or slipstreaming the service pack.

maybe i will try the method mentioned at winbeta.

Ya. Sysprep rocks.

I have Vista installation media with SP1 integrated and it is very different than what you end up with after reverse integration. The setup.exe is different, the boot.wim is very different, there are extra folders that contain the new servicing stack, there are new unattended settings. Reverse integration will not do all these things.

Stop promoting reverse integration of Vista SP1!

Edited by jdeboeck

I have Vista installation media with SP1 integrated and it is very different than what you end up with after reverse integration. The setup.exe is different, the boot.wim is very different, there are extra folders that contain the new servicing stack, there are new unattended settings. Reverse integration will not do all these things.

Stop promoting reverse integration of Vista SP1!

I Can same the same .. because i had alot of problems when all come to a end after the finish install, because of some removal of things in f.eks Vlite there make the installation hanging , and missing some function even i havent delete them , and also the Danish Language Pack i had Integrated in the Original x64 WIM image wasnt compatible with the SP1 so i couldnt use the danish even everything was set on Denmark and Danish.

But i also have the Integrated SP1 in VIsta x64 .. and i must say i was really impress just the installation speed .. even i use a USB flash stick to install it from .. (4 GB Sony Mikrovault) it to about 14 minutes then it was finish with the Ultimate Installation.

post-39562-1202569858_thumb.jpg But this is a Clean and RTM version of the SP1 Integrated

@ jdeboeck: But it works awesome. :P

The users who like to experiment with it, should do it! :)

Yeah off course .. I have now "played" with unattended installations since SP2 was Release to XP .. and at that time i was complete new to things like that .. but now Vista is getting more complicated, but why MS dont make a "Slipstream command" .. must be a security issue and also it might be than they are making good profit in every system version like 2008 Server and etc .. those was unknown at my "unattended" starting years. But even that i make alot of computers and reinstallations of my friends computer (Probaly every time they have a little issue they come to me :S) and only because im not that person there can say no, i do it , even if i use 18 hours on a friends computer .. i could probaly safe alot of time to have a deployment system installed. but that cost .. and the need of that isnt that much.

But the issue with "how to" on vista is become something there is much professional but at the same time MS are doing things hard for the "Home User" they also make it easy for the "Home User" if people just understand the basic commands to capture image etc. so the installation of SP1 should become a easy task , just have a Flash USB with at least 4 GB, move Install.wim over on it or even the whole windows DVD and start the installation from there, it save time in fail burn , and unusable media disc. But okay, not much thought the "Slipstream" task was easy on XP to , so its matter of how much time you put in to it.

I know i was having problems with the Imagex Command to capture ... because when i use my config.ini for exclusion of other files than the "standard" use , it wouldnt compress f.example and etc .. i ended up with a Install.wim image on 17 GB it wsa the hole Windows installation. without compress