2k install hangs on "Saving settings"

videobruce

Lets backup a little, what is 1MB smaller? I thought you're saying about the nLite package.

That DX9, was it an addon or installer from MS site, if it's installer then nLite doesn't support that. Try HFSlip, search msfn for it.

what is 1MB smaller? I thought you're saying about the nLite package.
Yes, I was 1.5MB vs 2.5 MB.
That DX9, was it an addon or installer from MS site
It was a .exe from M$. I did search and find that HFSlip site, but it looked to complicated for just doing a simple step after the install.

Ok, other than than that error, I got a s***load of errors about missing files starting off with 'wbem' file names. There were way too many to write all of them down. I just quit the install. I will try again without DX9.

Edited by videobruce

That nLite installer is smaller because it doesn't include translated language files. Don't know how to explain that more clear, download public 1.4 selfextracting, extract them both and compare.

If by that DX9 integration you mean you used HFSlip then please delay that during bug testing. Also you gotta be careful to integrate before or after nLite. DX is integrated after nLite to be safe that some line isn't deleted while cleaning components, or if you use addon version then simply insert it into nLite.

I just thought all those languages were in the Windows CD. Never bothered with any of that in the past.

I was just excited about having the ability to add DX9 and those recomemded M$ hotfixes to the install.

You are saying forget about all of that for the time being?

BTW, I'm using that SP5.1

Hope that is ok.

Edited by videobruce

Questions;

1. On the 'Presets' screen, there are at least 2 Presets listed. One (or more) has a data and time listed and one is just listed as "Last Session" What is the difference?

2. If I don't import any previous session, when I go to the following screens that have options under 'Preset/Load", if I choose one of those sessions that were in that eariler screen, nothing changes on that screen that I checked before regarding options. I don't understand the difference between these two methods.

3. When I use a fresh copy of the Windows CD instead of using the previous nLite modified copy, none of the previous settings (that I changed) are changed in any of the following screens. It's as I never made any changes.

Sorry, if I don't understand this as it isn't clear to me and that complete guide sticky is a couple of years old.

Edited by videobruce

1. "Last session" is what it says it is, the one with the date is previous one so that you have a backup of it, better than overwriting.

2. Presets - Load that page should work, but edit with notepad that file (in nlite\presets folder) and see if it actually has anything in it regarding to that page. If it's hotfixes or drivers and they are not in the place where the preset first saved them then they won't be readded.

Presets - Load is for that page only, if you want to load all pages then double-click on the Presets page.

3. Make sure that the Load last session on Startup option on Presets page is selected and that you actually have last session on the list. If you don't then import it.

Last 11 posts are not related to the bug, can we get back on the track.

Last 11 posts are not related to the bug, can we get back on the track.
If I am making a mistake in the procedure or don't fully understand it, testing isn't going to do either of us any good, correct?

There are two or more "Last Sessions"listed (see attachment), one doesn't have a date in the left collumn, the others do. Whats' what?

Anyway, V1.3.5 did work. That modified V1.4 didn't, but I was going to try it again.

Edited by videobruce

Correction:

No idea why, but when I reinstalled that version that worked before (because of another un-related issue), it didn't work if you can believe that. :blink:

No it wasn't answered regarding the one session that didn't have the time/date next to the label 'Last Session'.

That SP5.1 is here;

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...icial-SP5.shtml

It works just as a M$ SP does.

Edited by videobruce

I'll try that SP and report.

So "Last Session" without the date is the latest used, those with the date are backups from previous sessions.

edit: Yeah that SP did it. Cause is in the sfcfiles.dl_, fixing.