Just built a rig

suryad

Why only 4 gig? haha cuz I dont think I will be able to max out anything more than 4 gig...and it would just be a waste of money :P

And I would be interested to know where you read that from. I could be wrong!

Edited by suryad

bonnestonne, punto is right. SLI wont help photoshop...maybe some video rendering in some really professional apps but most of it is offloaded to the CPU.

Well, real-time animations and so the previews in 3Dmax or Lightwave3D for example can be faster, but those previews are way more simple then in-game rendering, besides, the mesh (objects) rendering is still be done by the CPU… And you need only up to 30fps any way.

ok, this is what i read that led me to believe it:
While this won't necessarily have a specific effect on Photoshop individually, it will transfer the burden of drawing the interface from mostly the CPU to mostly the GPU, which might leave a tiny bit more CPU power available for other things...

They fooled you there, PhotoShop uses only the 2D functions of the VGA card, and yes it uses DirectX in 3D. But still SLI isn’t going to improve much the speed of PhotoShop and even less on the new dual cored CPUs from AMD or iNTEL, let alone on 4 cored CPUs ;).

D_block you really want to know how much it cost? I am not going to put the price on the forum to display hehe cause I am embarassed... :P

Would be nice to know, since I'll probably build something in its pricerange (or close to) next year.

I have yet to try vlite but I am sure they will have fixed all the issues with it by the time I get interested in Vista :P

It´s not vLite, it´s the users that need to be fixed :P.

Oooh! Burn! I like the sound of Vista fitting onto a cd with all the sp and bug fixes. Till that happens count me out :whistle: