SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

This looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait until 1.0.5 is out.

Anyway, do you take suggestions? If you do, here's a few:

* Try to integrate themes into the Appereance tab, just like in RP9.

* Use the ClearType rasterizer that's used in Revolutions Pack 9. The standard text smoothing gets blurry even on a TFT screen.

* Add an enable/disable ClearType checkbox to the Effects tab. Also add a button besides it that opens the configuration utility.

* Package the program into a real installer.

* Make the program start up automaticly using the registry.

* Finally, get rid of the tray icon.

Thanks for the feedback. The more feedback I can get the better, though I can't guarantee which parts I'd eventually implement. Of course, SmoothText is open source, so there's nothing stopping anyone else from submitting changes.

I like the idea of using a real installer and I once investigated it, but I never settled on a good one. It would be nice if there was a free one that used Windows Installer.

I originally created SmoothText before Tihiy discovered how to use the real ClearType. I'm not sure if I want to make the switch, since that's owned by MS. The way that SmoothText is architected it might be possible to let it switch back and forth between the two, but I can't say it's a high priority. Of course, we can always improve SmoothText's rasterizer, too. I definitely like the idea of integrating into the Display Properties popup, though I'd need some help with that since I've never done that before.

Here's another screenshot to show where I am: I've been fixing bugs just about every day (including a major one that took me by surprise tonight). It's almost ready, now.

ezfxbl.png

Hot.

Anyway, the only installation packager that I know of is Install Creator, but I'm not sure if it can add registry values; at least not the free version.

FINALLY!

I know better to claim that version 1.0.5 is perfect, but I think I've gotten rid of the major showstoppers and I feel comfortable enough with it to release it. I've updated the download link at the top and added the list of changes. With all that's new in this one, I could use all the feedback I can get. ;)

Enjoy, everyone. It's been a long road to get here.

Hi, WildBill

The Japanese Language Package has any problems.

Japanese application must don't use ANSI_CHARSET but SHIFTJIS_CHARSET.

and not MS Sun Serif but MS UI Gothic.

sterror.png

And frmConfigureStandard doesn't apply Japanese.

I translated to Japanese here

I can't compile This Project, cause I don't have huge.hdc and windowmanagement.hdc.

Hi Wild Bill

But same Problem occured.

I forced to create the sample Localize file Here.

(This file can't link ConfigureOverrideStandardFormUnit resource.)

I can't create it with Delphi 6 Personal Edition completely :(

Sorry about that. I just posted 1.0.7, which should help.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi, WildBill.

But not changed its effection. :(

#I released OE6 SP3 for Win2000 English version on my blog yesterday.

Okay, let's try again. Version 1.0.8 is up. I've regenerated the localization files and improved the app a little more.

Hello Wildbill,

First I must say that your skinning engine is getting much better.

There are still problems with maximized windows. The Close/minimize/maximize buttons are missing.

If I deactivate skinning of window captions and try to maximize window, only a part of the window is shown.

Hi, WildBill.

But not changed its effection. :(

#I released OE6 SP3 for Win2000 English version on my blog yesterday.

Okay, let's try again. Version 1.0.8 is up. I've regenerated the localization files and improved the app a little more.

What if you try installing Delphi Localizer (it requires installing MSXML 4.0). Would that let you rebuild the localizer files?