HOWTO create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD (EoL Feb 2016)

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust, after a surprisingly few replies and some, but little, vitriol (from me), Adobe support came up with this link for the full installer. It is still a direct DL.

I do not understand your instructions. When I go to your link, to begin with I cannot select Firefox and IE. The drop list only allows selecting one. When I click 'Agree and Install', it installs SW and ask for a restart. I have no chance to grab the installer. Weird! Thanks and enjoy, John.

Kurt_Aust, OK, thanks - figured it out. Since I do not use and do not intend to use Firefox (or any of those others), I selected Internet Explorer. When this is done, it does not DL the installer. It simply installs SW. There is no DL dialog offering to Run or Save. Please give it a try and you will see what I see. I don't see why I should be forced by Adobe to install a player plug-in for browsers I have not intention of using. If it was not such a trivial matter, I would expend a little more vitriol on the poor Adobe technical support guy. Thanks, John.

I don't see this "updateprep.bat" in my file i downloaded the exact addon and i don't see it in there at all. Also how does one integrate these hotfixes besides clicking adding hotfixes. Then manually adding them. This guide seems to be a bit nonuser friendly aslo seeing that no one's commented this guide since April 26th i'm guessing it's all outdated and i'll recieve no help for my query but i guess i'm ok with that.

133794m3r, HUH??? What are you talking about? Did you respond to the correct thread on the correct forum? Please ask a question and we will see if we can help you. Enjoy, John.

I was stating that i can't find the updateprep.bat or whatever it's called that the thread's author talked about. I can't figure out how that is.

Secondly how do i "slip stream" WMP11 into it using nlite.

Thirdly how can i even include all of these "addons" properly. In Nlite it just says hotfixes if i put the hotfixes in there then why'd i put them in the hotfix folder.

I thought i had explained it properly before but i guess it is nigh.

133794m3r, I would suggest you would stand a better chance of getting answers if you were more cordial. Saying your were not going to get an answer because the thread had not been updated since 26 April is ludicrous. That was about a week ago. The author updates the thread, page 1 and the last page each month when MS releases updates.

• updateprep.bat is found in the Misc folder of the WinXP-64_sp2+ folder extracted from the Config_XP_64_16Apr09.zip
  • WMP11 is slipped via nLite by simply placing the installer into the Hot Fix section - you must have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your system
  • Kurt_Aust calls his folder where the installers are stored AddOns. It is not associated with AddOns you can place in the nLite Hot Fix section. This name is arbitrary and you can change it as you like as long as you change all the references.

I did not think you were even in the correct forum/thread. It really looks like you need to spend some more time reading page one and the last few pages of this thread and come back with a happy smile. Enjoy, John.

Ok now this may be out of order here but... When i do all that is said here and try to boot from the iso that is made or by using the files i can't boot from it. I aboslutely love nlite.

[*]WMP11 is slipped via nLite by simply placing the installer into the Hot Fix section - you must have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your system

Isn't the point of using the WMP11 Slipstreamer so that it slipstreams it into the source to begin with?

133794m3r, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Edit: Some questions:How did you burn your ISO? What is your source CD - OEM, Retail, Recovery, etc? Do you get an error? Please post it if so. Are you booting on HW or a virtual system?

fraquar,

Isn't the point of using the WMP11 Slipstreamer so that it slipstreams it into the source to begin with?
Yes, and that is what happens when you place WMP11 installer into the nLite Hot Fix section. It is detected and nLite calls booogy's slipper. Enjoy, John. Edited by johnhc

Boring month, the only change was an update to the IE8 compatibility list:

Delete

RunOnce\IE8-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB968220-x64-ENU.exe

Add

% RunOnce\IE8-WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB969497-x64-ENU.exe [686,464]

MD5: 512A3C08EE9F562ECFD9FB7F33B1AF4E

SHA-1: E42D3BE6D4A5E0E6A6EC3755DA79048A8149747A

There is a new version of Comodo Internet Security out but it gives me a System Service Exception BSOD, here's the link to the previous version:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/se...P_Vista_x64.exe