uTorrent 1.7.5, how to install silent via svpack?

Jedi82

hello guys, try to find with a search here in this forum but didn't find anything so i ask you how to install totally silently utorrent new version via svpack..

ECHO.

ECHO [uTORRENT]

ECHO wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\uTorrent.exe /???????

ECHO fatto!

with the /S it's doesn't work!!!

Edited by Jedi82

hello guys, try to find with a search here in this forum but didn't find anything so i ask you how to install totally silently utorrent new version via svpack..

ECHO.

ECHO [uTORRENT]

ECHO wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\uTorrent.exe /???????

ECHO fatto!

with the /S it's doesn't work!!!

It doesnt get any easier than this.

utorrent is provided in a single exe file that doesnt require installtion or registry entries.

'uTorrent.exe' is the entire program, not an installer that uses switches such as /S

Use whatever means you are comfortable with to place/copy that exe to where ever you wish to have it.

create a shortcut for it if that is your desire.

I suggest you look at how nuhi packages nLite in a WinRAR executable.

This is a perfect example of how to use WinRAR as an installer which also creates shortcuts.

shark

• 3 weeks later...

the fastest way is to run the exe from whre you want it to be installed. configure the folders for torrents and/or downloaded files. then goto to AppData/uTorrent in your user profile and copy the settings.dat.

then make an sfx srchive with the folder(s) for utorrent and then make another one for the settings.dat in order for it to read the settings when you launch it. you can also use the AppData folder files for icon, toolbar icons etc. just copy them to your sfx and extract them.

hope this helps you out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm trying to use original u*******, but simply can't get it work.

I use

/PERFORMINSTALL 6 /NORUN

, but it won't install \:. Does anyone managed to get it work only with executable, or do i really need to make make own installation for it?

Maybe problem is that i must run it in runonceex and not cmdlines.txt, but then it will install only for current user and not to all users :(

Edited by Lolita

I use

/PERFORMINSTALL 6 /NORUN

, but it won't install \:. Does anyone managed to get it work only with executable, or do i really need to make make own installation for it?

Maybe problem is that i must run it in runonceex and not cmdlines.txt, but then it will install only for current user and not to all users :(

The best way is to install, configure as you need and then made a sfx archive with

%APPDATA%\u******* and %PROGRAMFILES%\u******* folders (I added Ip filter to Application Data folder).

Edited by radix

I use

/PERFORMINSTALL 6 /NORUN

The best way is to install, configure as you need and then made a sfx archive with

%APPDATA%\u******* and %PROGRAMFILES%\u******* folders (I added Ip filter to Application Data folder).

Hmm and set it as default ******* application and crate shortcuts for it. \: BTW when i run it with /PERFORMINSTALL 6 /NORUN in runonceex it does run and crate shotcuts for CURRENT USER, not for allusers ...

/PERFORMINSTALL /NORUN

This switch only works with 1.7.5 (does not work with the latest alpha)

BTW the reason it probably does not work is you have to pack it into a SFX, have that extract it to a temp folder and run the installer with the switches. Because I notice after u******* installs it deletes itself

So if the exe is run from the CD it will not be able to delete itself thus failing

Edited by ricktendo64

• 1 month later...

Now this script /PERFORMINSTALL /NORUN is working with version 1.8 only for the first install. If you want to update it won't work. you have to rename the file downloaded from utorrent website to utorrent.exe and move it to %ProgramFiles%\uTorrent folder.