How to run a batfiles at windows startup

kingprageeth

I have written a bat file. I want to make it run at every times that windows startsup. I can do it by putting a shortcut in the startup folder. But i have heard that "autuexec.bat" file can be used for that. I added a line to call my program in the "autuexec.bat" file. But the program doesn't run at startup. When I double click the "autuexec.bat" file, the program runs. It means that my calling method is correct. Please help me. (If you at least know a different way to do my task please post a reply) :unsure:

Edited by kingprageeth

For windows xp, "autoexec.bat" is not called.

Use the shortcut of the bat file directly in your startup folder (you can use right click on the start >All programs > startup >rightclick >open

A folder will open, put the shortcut here or even the file can go there.

start > run > "regedit"

HKEY_Curent_user\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

add a new string with a link to the program ie. "C:\program files\program\program.exe" or "C:\.....\example.bat" if you want to run a .bat file :)

Edited by legolash2o

Thanx and thanx my dear friend legolash2o. Your post is very interesting. Thanx again.... :rolleyes:

Can any body tell me how to use a java script or a VB script or a batch command to edit registry, to run a program at startup.

Or anybody know a method to add a program to startup, different from legolash2o s method .

No any ideas? Please...

You Could Put The File In The Startup Folder. Or Create a REG File With The Info In It!!! The Open Notepad add

regedit /S NameOfYourFile.REG Save It As A Bat File!!!! :thumbup

To Create A REG File Open NotePad And Add

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"Sidebar"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Sidebar\\sidebar.exe"

"String Name"="Location Of File"

Then Edit It To Suit Ur Needs Then Save It As .REG

Note!!! Remember To Keep The \\ In The File Name \ Doesn't Work In The Registry

Edited by cworkman

Hi my friend cworkman! thank you again and again for spending your time for helping me. Your answer was very useful for me. Your answer solved my problem. Please tell me how to clear the entered registry string again usin a REG file.Thanx friend... :whistle:

Edited by kingprageeth

You need to do some research yourself. You can add a minus symbol in front of the string which you want to remove, or change the value of a key to a minus symbol which will remove the key. You can find out these things easily yourself by using Google.

• 2 weeks later...
:realmad: cworkman,

you didn't help me. I will rename you as cporkman. Hi...Hi...H...."C_PORK_MAN=see PORK-MAN=see PIG MAN" :P

I'm continually amazed how some people expect/demand that other internet users serve as their own personal servants with little regard to the fact that there are real individuals on the other side of their monitor taking time out of their own busy lives to offer help.

I think this kind of attitude should be met with a ban before the whole internet becomes useless as the majority of users become selfish, demanding and thankless.

kingprageeth (and I guess you really are a king as you certainly act that way!), I hope you don't require any further assistance - and if you do then I hope nobody is foolish enough to give it.

Now, please feel free to take another two weeks to come up with some immature joke and a matching picture for me.