[Guide] Win server 2008

aviv00

pps. this is still a work in progress & tested to work with server 2008 sp2 not R2 btw. do let me know how things go?

Edited by dead0

here my workspace i use [for DISM.exe] for windows 6.1 [ windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2]

1.bat

use this to open the cmd with wimdir already set

just edit it to ur wimdir

SET wimdir=g:\Work\WimMount

or what drive or dir u wanna use

en.bat

enable the feahters u would like to have pre-installed

ad.bat

add package / hotfix

ff.bat

get more info about same feather

f.bat

get the full list of the feathers u could enable or disable and the more info

p.bat

get the full list of packages [ofc after using the wim_tweak]

if u adding same package u might not see it so u redo the wim tweak

install_wim_tweak.bat

run the wim_tweak on the wim image

same examples

En DesktopExperience [ or En.bat DesktopExperience ]

en IIS-FTPServer

En WirelessNetworking

p >> pgs.txt

f >> fs.txt

re Microsoft-Windows-QWAVE-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7100.0

thx dead0 for ur guide i will index it soon

Workspace.rar

Edited by aviv00

if anyone is still interested, i will post another guide to vliting your server 2008 sp2 web or standard x86. i have managed to get the iso down to 625mb for web & 680mb for standard with the add features in server manager still intact. after install, hard drive space consumed is about 3gb.

Hi, i'm interest, but have questions:

1) Is obligatory add Bitlocker packages features? Or can I delete from "features.xml" ?

2) Is obligatory add netFX 3 package feature? Or can I delete from "features.xml"?

3) Can I remove BitLocker and netFX features with vLite ?

4) Can your guide be aplied to Server 2008 SP2 standard Spanish?

Thanks for publishing your guide

Hi dead0, i use your guide (changing a bit the file features.xml), after install Server 2008 SP2 Std these package are left:

atsmip.png

I want to remove all using the file "packages.txt" , except Internet Printing Client and Wireless LAN Service.

My question is: How can I get these features complete name ? Thanks

Edited by underxp

if anyone is still interested, i will post another guide to vliting your server 2008 sp2 web or standard x86. i have managed to get the iso down to 625mb for web & 680mb for standard with the add features in server manager still intact. after install, hard drive space consumed is about 3gb.

Hi, i'm interest, but have questions:

1) Is obligatory add Bitlocker packages features? Or can I delete from "features.xml" ?

2) Is obligatory add netFX 3 package feature? Or can I delete from "features.xml"?

3) Can I remove BitLocker and netFX features with vLite ?

4) Can your guide be aplied to Server 2008 SP2 standard Spanish?

Thanks for publishing your guide

Hi dead0, i use your guide (changing a bit the file features.xml), after install Server 2008 SP2 Std these package are left:

atsmip.png

I want to remove all using the file "packages.txt" , except Internet Printing Client and Wireless LAN Service.

My question is: How can I get these features complete name ? Thanks

1) it is obligatory to add bitlocker in features.xml if you want to remove it from the feature list (see your pic)

2) i would highly recommend to keep netfx

3) as long as you added bitlocker & netfx in features.xml, then you can use vlite to remove it

4) it should be language independant so i would think it will work?

for some reason, i couldn't remove everything as usually the internet printing client, lpr port monitor & print service tools remain. also, bear in mind, there must be at least 1 server role available otherwise (it doesn't matter if its not installed) the server manager will crash

• 2 weeks later...
One question, Server 2008 can play games normally (Devil My cry, Prince of Persia, Assasin) ? because some programs don't install when detect server plataform.

you could try installing in compatibility mode to see if that works?

Dead0, after read your mini-guide how to use DISM with Seven 7229, I will try Windows server 2008 sp2 as Workstation later...

see my mini-guide in the windows 7 thread! im still learning on how to use dism btw :P

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

No problem, as i was working on W7T i noticed another few bugs so i fixed them so i'm now on 1.3.4 lol. I've managed to get the Component Removal in AIO Integrator working so you can remove packages from all versions automatically :D