Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

can you upload your recode pack installer somewhere? i would to try it in some computers...but i don't want to install nero in them, just the lite version of acheron is installed right now. thanks.

Hi, I can only build recode for English and Spanish (es-ES & es-LA) locales. And I don't really know if Nero can sue me for doing this, because I'd be distributing 3rd party codecs (although individuals/organizations mirroring the official setup would be in the same case I guess).

I really recommend you to do it yourself, so you can learn how it works. If you are interested in other Nero apps you can use this as a start :)

can you upload your recode pack installer somewhere? i would to try it in some computers...but i don't want to install nero in them, just the lite version of acheron is installed right now. thanks.

Hi, I can only build recode for English and Spanish (es-ES & es-LA) locales. And I don't really know if Nero can sue me for doing this, because I'd be distributing 3rd party codecs (although individuals/organizations mirroring the official setup would be in the same case I guess).

I really recommend you to do it yourself, so you can learn how it works. If you are interested in other Nero apps you can use this as a start :)

I used to make my own MSI installer for Nero, but since i don't use it very often, i began using Acheron releases which are great too. I think that as long as you have a legit nero serial you can use recode as well. maybe you can upload it anonymously to some place else. Remove all info about yourself if you want from the installer.

If you can't, well, i will understand. Then i will find some time to make it using you SDK. Thanks.

Please,

I would like to create my own version of the installer of Nero (v8.3.2.1).

So, follow the steps of readme.doc that comes with the files.

First, the install.cmd executed, in this folder TOOLS.

Then follow the step 2, which was EXTRACT NERO FILES, in which I do not know if I was correct, because my installer put the Nero (nero-8.3.2.1_ptbr_trial.exe) in the home folder, where the readme.doc .

However, when executed NeroLite_extract.cmd gave me the following error:

"Error: Could not detect Nero version!

Press any key to continue ... "

Please,

make me a tutorial or help in this problem ...

Thank you

When I try to install Nero Lite (both 8.3.2.1 and 7.11.6.0) on XP SP3 with the /SILENT switch, the /SERIAL="XXXXX-XXXXX..." switch doesn't work. Seems to be a known issue (read about it in the forums), but why is it working when you don't use the /SILENT switch?

Please,

I would like to create my own version of the installer of Nero (v8.3.2.1).

So, follow the steps of readme.doc that comes with the files.

First, the install.cmd executed, in this folder TOOLS.

Then follow the step 2, which was EXTRACT NERO FILES, in which I do not know if I was correct, because my installer put the Nero (nero-8.3.2.1_ptbr_trial.exe) in the home folder, where the readme.doc .

However, when executed NeroLite_extract.cmd gave me the following error:

"Error: Could not detect Nero version!

Press any key to continue ... "

Please,

make me a tutorial or help in this problem ...

Thank you

The SDK extract script looks for the international languages ( nero-8.3.2.1_all_trial.exe or nero-8.3.2.1_all_update.exe ). You will have to download that version, or modify Script\Include\getneroversion.cmd, and then build nero only for Portuguese language...). It's easier to download nero again.

REASON FOR EDIT - I moved a few posts here and added the quoted text above for clarity of this response - Shark007 -

Edited by Shark007

When I try to install Nero Lite (both 8.3.2.1 and 7.11.6.0) on XP SP3 with the /SILENT switch, the /SERIAL="XXXXX-XXXXX..." switch doesn't work. Seems to be a known issue (read about it in the forums), but why is it working when you don't use the /SILENT switch?

So what switch does work on XP sp3? I previously used /VERYSILENT /SP- /SERIAL="XXXX_..." but it does not seam to work on SP3? Did someone check correct switch that works fine? I was not aware of this but I'm still searching for solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, for next version I'm working on some better dialog handling code. With the current installer sometimes additional prompts are shown which prevents the script from finishing properly. I have not tested yet XP SP3.

Finally I have compiled my NeroLite 8.3.2.1 with the last SDK1.16.1.2. Thanks a lot Acheron for your work. :)

I had problems with the sripts, though. In NeroLite_europe.cmd it gives me an error "can't find c:\Program"

It's a problem with the lines

start /B /WAIT "PreProcessing - NeroLite_europe_lite.iss" /low "%InnoSetupPath%\iscc.exe" "NeroLite_main.iss" /dLite > NUL

start /B /WAIT "PreProcessing - NeroLite_europe_micro.iss" /low "%InnoSetupPath%\iscc.exe" "NeroLite_main.iss" /dMicro > NUL

To compile it I had to change them with:

start /B /WAIT "PreProcessing - NeroLite_europe_lite.iss" /low "C:\Program Files\Inno Setup\Inno Setup 5\iscc.exe" "NeroLite_main.iss" /dLite > NUL

start /B /WAIT "PreProcessing - NeroLite_europe_micro.iss" /low "C:\Program Files\Inno Setup\Inno Setup 5\iscc.exe" "NeroLite_main.iss" /dMicro > NUL

It seems the %InnoSetupPath% only takes "C:\Program". Do you know how to fix this? My o.s. is Windows Vista SP1 Spanish.

And thanks a lot darks0ul for the Recode SDK. Finally I can use Recode in my NeroLite. :D

I also have some problems with the compilaton of the pack spanish version. It seems NeroRecode_eng.chm, NeroRecode_esp.chm and others files were not in the right folder. Anyway, I have copied them manually and now it works.

Edited by Jygoro

I JUST discovered this. Holy sh.... I've been using Nero 6 for ages because it's such a crap nowadays... I am forced to order and install version 8 for some people in the company I work at. Imagine the hell, waiting for up to 30 mins to install the bastard.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work. This made my day!

I JUST discovered this. Holy sh.... I've been using Nero 6 for ages because it's such a crap nowadays... I am forced to order and install version 8 for some people in the company I work at. Imagine the hell, waiting for up to 30 mins to install the bastard.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work. This made my day!

Over on the RVM forums, there's a "true" addon (meaning, the necessary Nero files are integrated directly onto the XP disc) for v8.3.2.1. It's a pretty remarkable program. I can't get any of my "obtained" keys to work with it, which I suppose is a good thing if you're Ahead.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby