Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Hi,

I've successfully created the Nero-8.3.6.0_english_lite.exe and micro, but when I try to create the Recode version I'm getting the following error:

Error: There is no valid certificate in the my cert store

Error: Signing Failed. Result = 8009200c, (-2146885620)

File not found

Press any key to continue. . .

I also know the error is in this line:

..\Tools\CodeSigning\signcode.exe -s my -cn "Klaas Nekeman" -i http://updatepack.nl -t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "AdvrCntr3.dll"

Is this because the RecodeSDK hasn't been updated (yet) for Nero 8.3.6.0?

Edited by Skillz

• 2 weeks later...

Acheron, I really appreciate your work on Nero Lite, but do you care to fix bugs in it? For me whole Music page in Nero Express is not working. For example if I choose Audio CD and try to add some mp3 file I get message:

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.

It may be possible, that the files can be added, if a dedicated plug-in is installed.

When I try to add mp3 file in "Jukebox Audio CD" Nero just crash without any error messages. I already mentioned this bug here and errors from Event Viewer are there. Same problem exist in Nero Burning ROM. Please fix this. BTW, I'm using your latest release, and this problem existed in previous version too.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

i don't know if it's been asked before, but I'm trying to compile nero lite using the NeroLiteSDK. I get the following errors during the micromize part of the prepare batch file.

Micromize:
advrcntr3.dll (english)...
Error signing file advrcntr3.dll
Press any key to continue . . .
advrcntr3.dll...
Error signing file advrcntr3.dll
neropatentactivation.exe...
Error signing file neropatentactivation.exe
nerofiledialog.dll (english)...
Error signing file nerofiledialog.dll
nerofiledialog.dll...
Error signing file nerofiledialog.dll
nps.dll (english)...
Error signing file nps.dll
nps.dll...
Error signing file nps.dll
setupx.exe (english)...
Error signing file setupx.exe
nero.exe...
Error signing file nero.exe
File Not Found
CoverDes.exe...
Error signing file CoverDes.exe
CoverEdCtrl.ocx...
Error signing file CoverEdCtrl.ocx
CoverEdExtension.dll...
Error signing file CoverEdExtension.dll
File Not Found
audioeffectlibrary.dll...
Error signing file audioeffectlibrary.dll
controls.dll...
Error signing file controls.dll
dxbridge.dll...
Error signing file dxbridge.dll
dxenum.exe...
Error signing file dxenum.exe
vstbridge.dll...
Error signing file vstbridge.dll
waveedit.exe...
Error signing file waveedit.exe
waveedit.dll...
Error signing file waveedit.dll
File Not Found
neroburnrights.cpl...
Error signing file neroburnrights.cpl
neroburnrights.exe...
Error signing file neroburnrights.exe
discspeed.exe...
Error signing file discspeed.exe
drivespeed.exe...
Error signing file drivespeed.exe
infotool.exe...
Error signing file infotool.exe
Done.

I don't know if this is normal.... am I doing something wrong? I read the readme.rtf file and followed the instructions. This is what I did from the beginning:

1) Ran \Tools\install.cmd to install Inno and inno related things

2) Put the nero trial I downloaded into the root of the NeroLiteSDK directory

3) Ran NeroLite_prepare.cmd

It extracted the files from the nero setup, then it ran the nero setup, I clicked next until I got the to Language Selection. The trial I downloaded was for English only, so I just clicked Next. On the next screen, I pressed cancel, then I pressed Finish. That's when it started the Micromize process and that's when the errors showed. Any ideas??

Also, I want to include Nero Recode and Nero Vision into the nero lite setup. I found the RecodeSDK in this thread, but it was only v1.16.1.2 (for Nero v8.3.2.1). I have 2 questions about that:

1) Can I use that version of RecodeSDK for Nero v8.3.6.0?

2) Can you provide better instructions on how to use the RecodeSDK? Do I run the recode micromize script after the nero micromize script, or do I run it instead of the nero micromize script. The documentation was vague.

Is it possible at all to include Nero Vision?

Thanks for the help in advance!

@AtomicRabbit. The error messages are in fact just warnings. I might alter it for next SDK release. It just says the reshacked files are not signed. For the official release I sign all binary files with my certificate.

Did you manage to build Nero Lite?

Hi Acheron,

Thank you, this is a really nice project :thumbup.

I was just wondering... Is there any way to translate Nero Lite 7 to Brazilian Portuguese, with a language pack or something?

I've been looking for a non-bloatware piece of CD/DVD burning software and I have found it with your software -- Nero Lite and Nero Micro! Thanks so very much! I'm currently running XP SP2, but might be doing a clean install of Vista Home Premium.

One question, please: Please explain what I am to do to get rid of the "trial version" and activate with serial #? I apologize if this has been posted, but I will REALLY appreciate the info.

I'm currently running your Nero Micro 8.3.6.0 english version, and I receive the dialog box about "...will expire in xx days".

I hope you can assist me as I've used Nero Ultra 6 Edition for years, but am sick of it's bloat -- which is NOTHING compared to Nero 8 Ultra -- WOW what a mess! The trial version slowed my system down to a crawl -- even with 4GB RAM! WOW.

Thanks for your time -- and I hope I'll be able to use your GREAT trimmed down, efficient software!

I look forward to your reply. David in Wichita, Kansas. (dj88keys on this forum)

I've been looking for a non-bloatware piece of CD/DVD burning software and I have found it with your software -- Nero Lite and Nero Micro! Thanks so very much! I'm currently running XP SP2, but might be doing a clean install of Vista Home Premium.

One question, please: Please explain what I am to do to get rid of the "trial version" and activate with serial #? I apologize if this has been posted, but I will REALLY appreciate the info.

I'm currently running your Nero Micro 8.3.6.0 english version, and I receive the dialog box about "...will expire in xx days".

I hope you can assist me as I've used Nero Ultra 6 Edition for years, but am sick of it's bloat -- which is NOTHING compared to Nero 8 Ultra -- WOW what a mess! The trial version slowed my system down to a crawl -- even with 4GB RAM! WOW.

Thanks for your time -- and I hope I'll be able to use your GREAT trimmed down, efficient software!

I look forward to your reply. David in Wichita, Kansas. (dj88keys on this forum)

You have to buy Nero 8 as usual in order to activate Nero 8 Micro or Nero 8 Lite.

You need to read the first posts to know the supported switches. You can input the registration info this way.

Hi Acheron,

Thank you, this is a really nice project :thumbup.

I was just wondering... Is there any way to translate Nero Lite 7 to Brazilian Portuguese, with a language pack or something?

Have you also been posting on my site? Brazilian is already included in the European package.

Have you also been posting on my site?

No, it wasn't me.

Brazilian is already included in the European package.

Found it, thanks!

One last question: Is there a language selection switch?

Hi Folks

Just tried this today (downloaded the 8.3.6.0 version from the first post) and used the following to execute

nero.exe /silent /norestart /user=jid /serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (where x is replaced by my actually code)

everything installs silent which is good...but when i try to run "Nero Express" it tells me to put my code in so i copy and paste the code from the command line and it then accepts it.....

can someone please check that i have got the command line correct please....

also can someone tell me how to get a shortcut to "Nero Express" on my desktop after installing, as nothing is created

thanks

Jid

Edited by jid

I'm thinking of releasing another update to Nero Lite to improve FileType associations and improve cleanup a bit.

@JID. The setup commands are for the installer, not for nero.exe.

@People with MP3 issues. Please check your serial.

Edited by Acheron