Which one would you choose?

vegettoxp

if you honestly dont care how much money you want spend, get the 8800GTS. it's a great card. i would suggest getting the 320mb version just to save money. those games you play will run perfectly on it. an 8600 at that resolution just doesnt seem right to me.

I have a Stacker 810 setup at home - it's my main file server. I've only got the two rear exhaust fans running, and I found that my temperatures actually decreased when I covered up the mesh in the side panel. If you think about the airflow -it's now moving faster from front to back of the case. I've also covered the mesh of the panels on the front of the case where there are no drives behind.

My suggestion to you - forget the 4 side fans and cover up the side of the case with something solid - I use a fitted piece of cardboard behind the mesh in mine.

If you are interested in a "HD Ready" video card then you dont want an 8800 series card, the 8600 series is actually superior for HD video.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_hd.html

Problem with Purevideo HD is it only works on Vista atm, nVidia is taking too long to get it on XP. :realmad:

AMD/ATI UVD for the Radeon HD 2000 series is better than PureVideo HD. UVD already works in Windows XP, has full support for VC-1 decoding, and all HD 2000 cars also are required to support HDCP and HDMI and have 5.1 sound.

Hey Guys, I have learned alot from this thread and I am gona say no to OCZ Power Supply. Now I have narrowed my collection to these Power supplies.

Infiniti 720 or Corsair HX 620! If you guys were to recommend me a Power Supply, Which of these two would you recommend? I have heard a lot of good things about both of these power supplies. Expecially the Corsair HX620.

These Two (Maybe) PCP&C Silencer 750 or Seasonic M12-700

On the topic of 8600GT, with the 22" that I just got, would it have the resolution Size.

Once again thx for all your guys input in this Power Supply Topic

P.S. Fusion

Need I repeat myself... you've come up with another two PSUs that I haven't heard of and definitely wouldn't recommend over the corsair or seasonic... I don't know how many times I need to say it... :P

How much do I love my new LCD, really ALOT. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it. It was a really good upgrade from the 15" that I had for a long time. So yes, I do like my LCD alot.

And Zxian, I am really sorry. I know you methond both of my choices earlier. How about a little more help me choose a Graphic Card? 8600GT or 8800GTS 320 or 640MB for Samsung 22" LCD Display!

Also What's your guys opinion on the new EVGA 8600GTS with 512MB, Would that be a good graphic card? Click Here

Thx to all for your help!

P.S. Fusion

Edited by vegettoxp

The 8600GT will be plenty for that resolution. Remember - the graphics card has to drive a certain number of pixels - not the size of the display. I can make a 70" display using a projector, but it's still only 1024x768.

Save your money on the graphics card and spend it on the quality PSU. Your whole computer will thank you. :)

Thx alot Zxian, you have been really helpful in this topic. After reading around I have read not to get the new EVGA 8800GTS with 512MB. Not a strong Card for my usage. So now the decision is on me. I am gona look at the 8600GT with 256MB and Also look at the 8800GTS with 320MB. I have already done reviews on the 8800GTS 640MB Version and it a really good card. But I have read that the 640MB only comes handy when you are getting into hight resolution. My New Samsung 22" goes up to 1680x1050 and I am really happy with that. Once again thx for all the help guys and when I do make my decision, I will be sure to share it with you guys!

P.S. Fusion

I am only getting that card because I plan to keep it for 3 Plus years.

Ahhh. SO you're trying to futureproof for the long term. In that case an 8800GTS would be good. I would wait a little till around Christmas and nVidia releases their new bomb. The 9 series. Then you can get the older generation real cheap.

That and the new hybrid SLi is planned to be released around that time. Good for gaming, and general computer use.

Hybrid SLi means that when you use just simple apps the integrated graphics runs. But when you crank up to the games the integrated and the external both work together. Used only when needed. Great for keeping things cool and uses less power (average) too.

The reason I am making a big deal is because when I look at the watts of the PS, Corsair HX620W, it looks really small. I know looking at the watts doesn't mean anything. I do like the Corsair HX620W when it comes to price. I can buy this right away.

I really do like the Enermax Infiniti 720W because of the more watts. But comapred to the Corsair, it is more expensive. I just need to make sure that the power supply that I get will power my system without any problems. I don't want to have power problems down the road. Also I don't plan to run my system 24/7 either.

So if you guys think that the Corsair HX620W is the way to go, then let me know. I hope that it can power my system to the fulliest. And it would be really good on my budgets.

Thx for all the input!

P.S. Fusion

just ordered the 620HX at newegg!!! 20$ coupon if you use paypal, the coupon might end in a few hrs so act fast.

it comes out to $120 after mail-in-rebate and it's free shipping! i just don't see how anyone could go wrong for that price!

but then again you could get the 520HX for under $100 :P