[Release] XPize Darkside 1.0

zedox

XPize Darkside 1.0

XPize Darkside replaces the blue wizards, visual style, logon screen, boot screen and numerous other resources that XPize 4.6 modifies. :ph34r:

Known Issues:

- Reloader's between XPize and XPize Darkside compete.

Please give feedback on any issues you comes across.

Important Notes:

- Installer: You must install XPize 4.6 before XPize Darkside.

- Uninstaller: You must uninstall XPize Darkside before XPize 4.6.

Screenshots:

hotstufflr4.png untitled2at0pb2.png

logonscreenns1.png 77482933qo8.png

Disclaimer:

- I am not accountable for any problems/issues using XPize Darkside or its previous relatives may cause your system, the only way any issues would occur is through user misuse, and if you are unaware of how to use this release correctly you should consult these forums for advice.

Changelog:

Source:

Primary Mirror (MediaFire)

Download Mirrors:

Primary Mirror (thanks Kelsenellenelvian)

Secondary Mirror (thanks zxian)

Edited by zedox

excellent!

Very much looking forward to your "stand alone" version. I'm currently using the FlyakiteOXS, which I like a lot, but

the main draw of it is the RK launcher. I love the dark themes of yours, so will be switching to it, & using Rocket Dock instead.

Great job on this. I have been wanting to get a totally black windows setup for a while now. Will def keep my eye on this.

One problem I seem to be having is with a few of the re-colored windows/panels, like the shutdown menu (w/ the Standby, Shut Down, and Restart buttons) and Add Hardware. It seems like the XPize auto-reloader is reloading over the Darkside-modded files. Should I be shutting off the XPize auto-reloader, or should they be playing nicely with each other (as I have heard)? Or should I just wait till the "standalone" version is released? If it helps any, I am running Windows XP Media Center. I will grab a pic of the problem tomorrow, as right now its past midnight and I have to work in the morn. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Edited by Gumbyx84

Known Issues:

- Reloader's between XPize and XPize Darkside compete.

Please give feedback on any issues you comes across.

The next release WILL be stand-alone and the reloader problem will no longer occur.

Edited by zedox

I cannot resist the power of the darkside!

In fact, I can never leave it. The darkside package prevents my system from shutting down. It hangs on the "windows is shutting down" screen. Is this a manifestation of the reloader contention mentioned elsewhere? I do not have the reload at startup option enabled so I would not expect that issue to occur.

Standard XPize works ok, but I am tired of blue. I've had me some black and can't go back.

Edited by papashex

Just out of interest can you try uninstaller xpize darkside... does the issue still occur?

Also, if it doesn't could you try reinstalling but de-select the logon screen.

I have uninstalled darkside only, leaving original xpize install intact. All is well, I can shut down normally.

I am not at the system right now, but I will re-install darkside without boot screen and let you know how it goes (this evening).