Removed Componant

3aces

well i never noticed this before but, i have removed a componant using nLite obviously which causes my msn screen name to go weird

well

нαρρу << thats what my name is supposed to look like, but after i sign out and sign back in it changes to this :

РЅО±ПЃПЃСѓ

any idea's anyone at all!! :(

It's maybe silly but have you tried on another computer ?

Ask your contacts how they see your display name. Try to use another PC to set your display name, then ask them again and how do you see it yourself then ?

my vista beta 2 installation it works fine... so it must be with my nLited install, and contacts confirm my screen name is wired :wacko:

Edited by POW!!

• 2 months later...

bump!!

i have gone back to using XP because i need software for college use which dont work well with Vista....can anyone help me with this problem...i made a new nLited CD and like i double and trippled checked everything..i also noticed..that it only does this with WLM 8 not MSN 7.5

Edited by 3aces

am i the only one with this problem

could be

have you modded you WLM install at all, like with a-patch? Did you remove certain language components that maybe needed? What language is your OS?

Maybe ATTACH (not cop and paste) your last_session.ini so we can see what you have removed.

Also, perhaps you should try reinstalling your OS with less options/components removed?

am i the only one with this problem

could be

have you modded you WLM install at all, like with a-patch? Did you remove certain language components that maybe needed? What language is your OS?

Maybe ATTACH (not cop and paste) your last_session.ini so we can see what you have removed.

Also, perhaps you should try reinstalling your OS with less options/components removed?

i used the same install for like a year just kept updaing the drivers and software.....yes i modified WLM..but when its original it does the same as well...my last seesion is attacted to the 1st post.....im running msn 7.5 final now..its also modifed it runs perfecctly

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, three days ago I posted this same problem here (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=83568)

After making a lots of ISOs removing different stuffs, I noted that by Removing Outlook Express, there's some component related (I believe) with Windows Live Messenger that is deleted, modificated, damaged or dunno what. This happend adding/without KB Updates, Languages, Keyboards, Services, Operating System Options, Multimedia, Application and others Networks Components.

Using different Windows XP Pro w/SP2 sources happend too (English and Spanish Language).

I hope that anyone can confirm this problem and someone can bring a fix to solve this (particularly?) problem.

Edited by pppx00