[Problem] hacking setup.exe

:hello: fellow unnatenders,

Im currently hacking the setup.exe to match WNR's luna element setup billboard. i have used restuner to add my own images and strings but I can not work out how to change the default background colour . In restuner I have changed every bitmap possible but it looks like this. Is there another apps that will help me chnage the colour

image18pk.jpg

man that looks awesome. care to share the images :D

i am not sure but it seems that string tables 194, 195 and 201 has something to do with it

also i think i know the answer to this question but is it possible to decompile .exe files

Edited by Rekoil

tried seeing what i could do, and looks like thats as big as that section goes, i don't think you can customize the color of the background which is hex #5A7EDC. i'm seeing if i can find anything and let you know if i do.

ok, i'm an id*** lol.

after i posted i went and deleted the 112 resource and recreating it and tried everything, little did i know i posted the answer last post LOL.

so... with 112 still in there, open a Hex Editing program and do a search in HEX for 5A 7E DC. LOOK FOR THE SECOND ONE... The first one never changed anything....change the 5A 7E DC to whatever hex color code you want...

example, i turned THE SECOND (only 2 strings for 5A 7E DC) to 00 00 00 and got the black background seen in the attached picture.

the location of the string is at: 26d0

yea yea yea.. i know triple posting lol. but too lazy to go upload pictures to imageshack.

ok, the Hex edit program i use is a stand alone freeware program called well.. "HexEdit" lol.

available here: http://www-physics.mps.ohio-state.edu/~pre...dit/hexedit.exe

once you open hexedit open the setup.exe file (i made a backup incase i screwed up) and hit find on the menu.

hit the radio button for HEX and then type in 5A 7E DC. the first result should be at: 2610 hit find again and hit Ok. then you should be at 26d0. edit the highlighted section in the attached screenshot. I changed mine to ff ff ff (white) to make it stand out more.

good luck :) PM me if you have any problems.

Edited by Bi0haZarD

not sure if glent has checked up on this, i have attached a picture incase anyone cared to see it.

i'll try getting that autoplay program and seeing how hard it is to use that, and maybe put up a tutorial for it as well.

nice color scheme glent :thumbup

Sorry to miss lead you, I am not editing the setup.exe rather making a new one. The icons are from all over the web, with them beeing editied in several proframs. I am using Autorun Pro 5.0 played with the demo, liked it and bought it. It is not hard to use, If I can do it I think just about anyone can, Just have fun playing with it.

bye! :hello: