• 100 - 500
    • 500 - 1000
    • 1000 - 5000
    • 5000 - 8000
    • 8000 - 10000
    • 10000 - 15000
    • 15000 - 20000
    • more

600+ here. Though I've only ripped less than one fourth of my cds. 37 hours appx already on it however. I have a list too that is pretty current if anyone's interested.

i've 3000 and 1 dvd for the one's that i don't usually listen

i cannot really listen those 3000. and I'd love to filter out the ones that I don't listen.

any program to delete the music that i won't like by reading my mind :)

Hmmm....Let's see....I have one...two....three......... :) ...20,788 on my computer as of this moment. There are many repeats, but most are all part of full cd's. I still got to add about 300 of my own cd's too. I'm always up for suggestions on good programs to help me sort all these out. Right now I mainly use programs like winamp, music library, and easy cdda extractor.

Over 35,000 (180GB) here last time I checked. I've found the program UltraTagger to be very useful for sorting and renaming older mp3s that I ripped before the days of cddb and music that I've downloaded in the past.

Oh, and I normally use AudioGrabber & Lame to rip these days, I used to use RipEnc with Lame on BeOS before that.

Yes, that about how many there are. We were re-indexing them just a few days ago...

You can see a small portion of them in this screenshot from about a year ago, I only had about 50GB then. I've had to buy two 120GB drives to house them on.

(They are in the window in the far bottom right corner of the screen capture)

wtf? u guys crazy or something?

u work in a radio station or something or something?

35000 mp3

2333 hr's of music @ave 4min

thats 97 days

can u even find the music u're looking for in there?

WE? who we, wait i don't want to know.

even your comp conf is f'ed up! aaaaa going mad.. /quit...

The mp3's are on a heavily protected Samba share at work, There are about 20 of us in my division that contribute CDs to it. About 1/2 of the music is from my own CDs, most of the rest is from 3 or 4 of the others.

And the PC configuration is for real, what will really get you is that I got it for free from IBM. How's that for a nice little present for spec'ing out a bunch of IBM servers :):rolleyes:

I had coveted one of the T221 monitors ever since I first laid eyes on the original Big Berta LCD at the SC2000 supercomputer show in Dallas, of course the feds stepped in and bought the whole first years production, so it took a while before you could actually buy one...

Imagine my surprise when my boss came in one day and said that IBM were sending us one and did I want it? Little did he know what he was giving up :D

Needless to say it's locked to my desk now in case he changes his mind.

I'm not running no radio station, but there is a song for just about every mood a person can think of. There are quite a few that I probably hardly ever, if at all, listen to. I will admit that about 1500 cd's worth are downloaded. I am really picky when it comes to ID3 tags and the file naming. What I am not so picky about is the quality. I try to get them at 192CBR or better, but if they aren't, oh well. I figure if I wanted perfect quality that bad, I'd buy it. And when I do enjoy a certain cd that much, I do buy it or I will even go see the band live. At least some way to show that I support that particular artist or group.

I would say that in the average week, I add about 5 - 10 cd's, so this number will continue to go up and I will just have to continue to buy more and bigger hard drives :) .

that i agree on too

i only have id3 v2 tags (I hate v1 tags) and all of them have artist - title (i removed the track numbers, not much use for me)

and try to make them at 192 cbr as well. i've some 320 ones but that's just toooo much.

being organized is always good. I wish someone organized my hdd :). I always start and then it gets even worse :rolleyes: