Regsrvr32.exe

yes :)

i tried that file from w95 - it worked, version from w2k install cd but it was not functional. i dont have any possibility to get it from win2k sp4.

how can i detect error in file that is being registered and the trouble is not in regsvr32, or how to register it manually?

yes :)

i tried that file from w95 - it worked, version from w2k install cd but it was not functional. i dont have any possibility to get it from win2k sp4.

download the whole win2000 sp4 package. it's available at the MS download center:

[MS Download site]

the SP4 is about 130Mb in size. those who have broadband internet connections can get it in less than an hour

View the W2KSP4_EN.EXE package in Winzip or any other archiving utility, extract the regsvr32.ex_ file, view the regsvr32.ex_ file and then extract the regsvr32.exe file inside.

or if you don't want to do all that I can send you the regsvr32.exe file from the Win2k SP4 pack as I have a copy of the full Win2k SP4 pack (NOT on CD but a full download of SP4)

version of regsvr32.exe file from Win2000 SP4 is 5.00.2195.6662

Edited by erpdude8

I didnt know that *.ex_ are packages. Thanks for info. I tried the unpacked regsvr32 this time and it worked correctly.

I want to explain the trouble i had:

I was using ATV2000 tv tuner application to watch TV on PC. Since installer was adressing regsvr32 in directory which is standard for winNT based systems several modules were not registered. On developers page i found information that some modules can be registered manually using regsvr32 if installer fails to do it.

Most of these modules were rather old (year 2000-2002), but module Teletext.ax was the newest one, and standard regsvr32 from windows 98se was unable to register it. Now i used regsvr from Windows 2000 OEM package which owns my brother and teletext now works perfectly.

Is it possible to add regsvr32 sp4 to any service pack which is here being developed?

OT, but not much ;), you might find this useful:

http://www.softcircuits.com/sw_apps.htm

regctrls.zip 40.8KB

Control Registration Utility 2.00

RegCtrls (Register Controls) allows you to selectively register and unregister OLE controls with the system registry. RegCtrls is a GUI replacement for Microsoft's REGSVR32 command-line utility. RegCtrls uses its Windows interface to provide easier access to features and also provides functionality not available with Microsoft's command-line utility.

jaclaz

this is strange. i found out that version of regsvr32 in my system changed, and i dont know when... I use two system patches. exuberants service pack and KUP

i have done system return to 3.6.2007 and i tried to reinstall the teletext filter. everything failed. Regsvr is not the problem here. thanks a lot.

Edited by Offler