Socket 939 Motherboard

Brando569

what do you guys think is the motherboard that gives you the best bang for the buck? im partial to asus (only had one other board that wasnt made by them outta 5 or so boards), i like their little add-ons/gadgets that come integrated on the board or via software. im also a moderate overclocker, i plan on gettin a new case this summer, finally after 6 years lol. i also have a nvidia geforce 7600 so i dont need integrated video, nor would i use dual lan connections. i also dont see myself buying two video cards in the near future. suggestions?

im thinking about the Asus A8N-E, i currently have a A8N-SLI SE (but its most likely fried see my 'horrible problem' thread) would this be a downgrade without regards to SLI?

Edited by Brando569

I made my recommendation based on advice I recieved from Tomcat76 when i was doing this research. He had a good reason for recommending the SLI board to me over the non-SLI even though SLI doesn't interest me. I don't recall what that reason was.

/pages TC76

Since Socket 939 is being phased out, I suggest you get a real good one. My personal vote goes to the LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert.

Advantages over the one that TAiN linked to:

- one more PCI slot (3 total)

- 4-phase PWM

This is an overclocking bomb. I got my X2 4800+ running at 10x250 for a couple of months now and never experienced any problem. The memory (Corsair TwinX XMS 2GB) is in sync.

Since Socket 939 is being phased out, I suggest you get a real good one. My personal vote goes to the LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert.

Advantages over the one that TAiN linked to:

- one more PCI slot (3 total)

- 4-phase PWM

This is an overclocking bomb. I got my X2 4800+ running at 10x250 for a couple of months now and never experienced any problem. The memory (Corsair TwinX XMS 2GB) is in sync.

well ya this is prolly the best board to get but it like like he needs it. the sli-d/ultra-d still overclock like a god. that board also costa alot more than the ultra-d.

sorry guys in im a rush ill reply to the others later..

what did i go against? im just saying that you dont need the SLI version of the board, get the ultra-d

the nforce4 based ultra-d board i looked at didnt necessarily say that it had SLI, but that it had support for two PCI-E x16 cards, which is sli in my view, i only need one x16 slot, throw in as many PCI-E slots as you want (forget what the rate of the regular ones are)

i'll look into them, but im still partial to asus :)

edit: i cant seem to find any prices for the nf4 ultra d, ive put it into froogle and pricewatch and neither of them can find it

Edited by Brando569