agressive reducer

dirtwarrior

Using HFSLIP to slipstream dx9 and hotfixes in windows 2000. I used reducers on it I got a stable iso of 100 mb. I really like it but I am wondering if more agressive reducers are available for HFSLIP. I can even beta test some if possible.

I believe that there are some more reducers that haven't been released into the wild yet. tommyp sent me a few to test a while back but I haven't had the time to do so. Sorry, Tommy!

Is there something specific you want to reduce? 100mb seems pretty good to me.

100 mb is good and no complaints at all with hfslip I think it is great for windows 2000. My install is stable and everything works that I install. Just want to try something new.

My girlfriend left me and I have a lot of time on my hands.

I just want to get the smallest stable iso with the lowest comitt possible.

Yep, I have some more reducers, but they don't reduce that much more. It just reduces some junk from hotfixes that I believe are packed with junk. One of these days I'll have to get around to organizing them and putting them in the wild. Give me time, I hardly touch the PC these days.

Yep, I have some more reducers, but they don't reduce that much more. It just reduces some junk from hotfixes that I believe are packed with junk. One of these days I'll have to get around to organizing them and putting them in the wild. Give me time, I hardly touch the PC these days.

Is oleg still doing this too? tommyp this would be great :)

I'm still here but is also busy with other projects ;)

My standard build with DirectX9C and some other additional files included is 92MB (without Chinese language support files in LANG folder that you usually delete :)

After some trying with XP and LiveCD projects I found some more files could be deleted from W2k and it could be less 10MB or even more too :rolleyes: but I don't have enough time these days.

Oleg_II

After some trying with XP and LiveCD projects I found some more files could be deleted from W2k and it could be less 10MB or even more too but I don't have enough time these days.

Hey if you folks give me a list of filenames I can evaluate them to include in my fileset.

I still get email about my fileset, it's still popular, but less so; I can only assume that people don't know how to buy Win2k anymore or think XP runs more software*. I get a lot of requests from people to take their new laptops that come preloaded with Vista and upgrade them to XP.

*I see that the Adobe Creative Suite 3 requires XP. Our graphic designer doesn't really have to upgrade so I am keeping her at CS2 for now but I have to wonder why Adobe did this.

Anyway, like tommyp says, I feel like I hardly touch the pc these days.

I played around with a windows 2000 with an iso of around 60 meg. The install size wasnt that much smaller than my 100 meg one :huh: A lot of drivers and software wouldnt work and wouldnt connect to the net. It didnt stay on my computer long.

I manually deleted some files from iso and got a stable install with a 94 meg iso.

• 1 year later...

tain :hello:

No. I'm doing everything manually and change a lot of files from distro (including editing INF files and hex-editing binary files) and add some things from other Windows versions. Don't think it can be release as a fileset right now (and when it probably can be generalized nobody will be interested in XP :D

A hint: imagex.exe from VistaPE that compresses files works in XP ;) Just move some files from SYSTEM32 to SYSTEM folder (changing pathes for some of them in regestry of course), make WIM file from SYSTEM folder content and mount it during Windows startup - you will save a lot of space on your system partition :rolleyes: