XP SP2 - Slipstreaming

StormRage

Hi all,

HFSLIP-1.4.2 bombs out during the Graphical Part of Setup with the following Windows:

1.)Caption: \winnt32.exe

Body: Windows cannot find '\winnt32.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

2.)Caption: \SVCPACK\AcroRdr8.exe

Body: Windows cannot find '\SVCPACK\AcroRDR8.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

etc... etc - with all other updates

The HFSLIP "cmd window" states:

1.) The system cannot find the file \winnt32.exe

2.) The system cannot find the file \SVCPACK\AcroRdr8.exe

etc... etc - in conjunction with the "GUI Windows" as they popped up.

Winnt32.exe is within the i386 folder, as well as the other packages that are within the \i386\svcpack folder.....

After logging on the first time, another window stating:

Advanced INF Install : Error: could not locate INF file 'c:\Windows\INF\wmp11.inf'

which I can't even locate within HFLSIP's SOURCE or SOURCESS.....

:blink: What to do

My HFSLIP.LOG file is included - Any idees pleasse as to why this is?

Second Q;

Can someone please direct me to a link that would assist in the "repackaging" of software packages to be silent at times of installation?... :whistle:

Third Q;

Anything special that has to be performed to allow Intel GMA X3000 drivers to HFSLIP (and install) correctly?... :ph34r: (DrvComp.exe and DriverCabHelper.exe was used to update all system driver INF's). They install perfectly from the DrvComp/DriverCabHelper directory ONLY AFTER OS installation.

Finally;

How can the Asus WiFi AP Solo (Azurewave) drivers be extracted from the Installshield package....? (UniExtract 1.5 simply queries whether I am sure as to what I am doing, yet can't extract the files) Even the web downloads are all Installshield packages :realmad:

Lotsa questions, yet the assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the effort guys... and any gals if applicable. Slowly I'm getting there.... :sneaky:

Thanks a mil

A1:

Are you making a multiboot CD? When HFSLIP prompted you for the path, what did you enter?

A3:

Did you place the files in HFEXPERT\DRIVERCAB and did you use compression types A, B or C (not D, E or F)?

A2 - Silent installers are not HFSLIP related and you should look/ask at the unattended forum. I can suggest to look at unattended.msfn.org for silent switches and/or try the InstallRite program.

FinallyA - Same answer as above but look at the device drivers forum.

Strange ......

The latest trial run did not *miss* the Winnt32, yet did **miss** all the silent installers within HFSVCPACK.... :blink:

What am I missing with the silent installers.... Is my logic correct: "Simply put some of RyanVM's software into the HFSVCPACK folder.... and run hfslip to incorporate these packages...." :wacko:

Where am I loosing it? :blushing:

Only difference being that I am using hfslip-1.4.3 in regard to 1.4.2 previously.

How can the Asus WiFi AP Solo (Azurewave) drivers be extracted from the Installshield package....? (

You could try installing the package under a virtual environment (VPC, VMware, etc). Then just grab the folders/files that the installer vomits into your system. That's what I do.

I hate installshield installers :realmad:

HFSLIP.CMD looks fine. Still assuming it's a path issue, there are two possibilities left:

1) Are the files in the default location on the CD? (X:\I386\SVCPACK)

2) Do you have a folder named I386 in the root of one of your hard disk partitions?