Pentium D 925

bonestonne

is it possible to raise the FSB to 1066?

i'm just wondering..i don't exactly plan on doing it just yet, but that would be cool, it would beat most C2D's if you could.

how would it affect the actual processor in doing so?

lastly, does anyone have a 925 that could talk about it?

oh, and before i forget, whats the difference between the 925 and the 930 other than about $40.

well as for the difference i would have to guess that the 930 has another multiplier unlocked.

Stop guessing and do research instead.

The only difference between the 925 and the 930 is that the 930 supports Intel Virtualization Technology while the 925 does not.

-_-

ok, enough of that $h17 keep your temper to yourself.

is it possible to bump the FSB or is that a really bad idea? either way its the CPU i'm getting, i have the board and RAM, will test both this coming week...hopefully i'll get paid soon enough to get it by may 10th.

generally, i just want to pull the FSB up to 1066 so it can beat most C2D on the market. even with only 800mhz FSB, i know it will outperform basically the 4300, but i want it to be comparable to the E6600, and close to the 6700.

i only have stock cooling for now though so it wont be intensive. this build is going with what i have, not what the best is.