[UPDATE] Energize 1.1 & Sources

peyronnx

The "Automatic Updates" control panel applet icon is not the proper resolution, and neither is the "mail" control panel applet. Also, I noticed when you go to the display properties in the "appearance" tab and if "Style Windows Vista" is selected for "Windows and Buttons," then under "Font Size," you'll see the following:

Normal

Grandes polices

Tres grandes caracteres

I know what these mean, but I didn't think that this was done on purpose.

I like the pack though; I think that you've done well, and I was able to install this pack with no errors. I didn't like that some of the shell32.dll resources were not at 48 x 48, but i understand that this was done to stay under the 10 MB limit.

tap52384 & Wesmosis: This fetaure is not included in the pack. Someone will be able to add it when I will release the sources (by the end of the week, if the my internet connexion is still alive...).

See U

Hi there,

I've had xPize installed for some time (4.6 beta 2) and now I really love this theme... but my installation becomes endless... the last item is the "Vista Status Bar" and never gets out of there...

After 8 hours, I decided to forcefully reboot it and the start icon doesn't get roundy but a square... also I get that shell32.dll problem but I managed to fix that.

I tried to firstly install energize with xpize, then removed xpize and installed energize... none of that avoids the endless installation...

All icons, login, boot, wallpaper, screensaver, etc. look fine, the only problem I'm aware of is the start button :\

I've got original Windows XP Home Edition (Portuguese), but with XPize I never got any problems at all... :\

Any ideas? Is there any info you need?

@ThunderNor

I had that same problem. The workaround I found is to kill the drive status installer, then setup should finish normally. I thought that would mess that part up, but the status bars work just fine. Weird, huh? :blink:

@ThunderNor

I had that same problem. The workaround I found is to kill the drive status installer, then setup should finish normally. I thought that would mess that part up, but the status bars work just fine. Weird, huh? :blink:

Ok I tried that, but still my start button is square instead of having that round finish on the right... how about yours?

Can anyone post a screenshot of Vista Status Bar? Because during the installation I've got the same error as joll69 and fixed it the same way he did but I don't know what is this Vista Status Bar like and where it appears... :rolleyes:

Hi, I just have the same start button being square problem, with the same vista status bar isue during install (I just killed the vista status bar process and let the installer finish).

By the way my Windows is XP pro in HEBREW!!! and so far for except these mentioned already problems everything looks great. The only vista style that works with hebrew OS!! Congratulations and thanks for it.

N.B I did uninstall KB925902 before installing this pack. ;)

@ThunderNor

does it look like the attached image? cuz that's part of the visual style, i think...

Yes it does look like that... and I don't think it's part of the visual style because in the theme previews, it's rounded... and square looks awfull...

Now I have a problem because I can't uninstall the icons and I've got xpize logoff screen and energize login screen lol... I've tried uninstalling everything and installing just energize but the problem for the vista status bar continues (I kill the process after 5-10min +/-) but everything else is ok... I guess...

Bruno

@ ThunderNor: The issue is linked to the visual style. The startbutton shouldn't appear as a square. To make the startbutton like in the preview, I managed the "content margins" corresponding to the text in the startbutton. In French is "Démarrer", in English is "Start", etc. So the parameter is linked to the length of the text to adjust the size and the way that the startbutton appears. I created the visual style with a french version and it works perfectly I am sad that it doesn't work with otehrs languages.

I will release my sources this week-end so that someone could fix that because I won't be able... I have switched to Vista and now I work on a patch for Vista... More news in the incoming weeks.

See U

Edited by peyronnx