[Release] XPize Darkside 1.0 beta 2

zedox

Hello folks!

Bootscreen issue:

Some processor architectures also uses file ntkrnlmp.exe. Is this covered? The "Server Family" text is related to the Windows (2k3) Server versions, yes.

zedox, you may modify the bootscreen resources to make it "smoother". But: You should give me the ability to get the modified. PM me if you want send per Mail!

Greetings from sunny Eastern Westphalia,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

Question if i may...

Can this be slipstreamed into an Unattended CD like Xpize can? Or do I need to slipstream Xpize and then run this once Windows has been installed?

Also, it appears as tho the images where the backgrounds have been replaced (with a darker gradient) look to have pixelated edges?

Edited by piXelatedEmpire

Can't test FAST as i have to create an install with nLite and then use - the installed WinXP is broken :}

Actually I'm using my Win2000 :angel

And yet, only zedox/ antonio knows about switches of his installer...

Do you asking me? My WinXP got crashed before i could install XPize Darkside 1.0 b2 :}

In Win2000 i can only brutely use uniextract with the setupfile, then browse the unpacked directory structure after that manually Reshack from 2K into a file in the XP Partition installation...

Edited by ChrisKuhli

Can this be slipstreamed into an Unattended CD like Xpize can? Or do I need to slipstream Xpize and then run this once Windows has been installed?

This can't be slipstreamed yet.I would advice slipstreaming XPize, and then installing XPize Darkside. A Future release will support slipstreaming, and will no longer be classed an "add-on".

Also, it appears as tho the images where the backgrounds have been replaced (with a darker gradient) look to have pixelated edges?

Would be greatful if you could point out which backgrounds look pixelated... You are correct, that is how I created the black backgrounds.

any chance you could share just the logoff dialogue box?

I have done... just download XPize Darkside ;):D

There's a small problem with this addon (not sure if it was reported already). XPize and DarkSide are battling over Shutdown and Log Off screens constantly. Meaning XPize will reload those resources, reverting them to blue.

Thanks Steam_Trout, I was aware that the reloader may have problems like this but was unsure how to get them working together.

The next release will be independent of XPize, and thus the reloader problem will be fixed.

I was actually surprised to find only 2 problems. I was imagining a constant battle like the one when 2 antiviruses are installed on the system (dunno why would you ever want to do that though :)). So thumbs up for the nice work.

But you should change the reloader, it looks like an installer now; check it out.
Reloader that XPize uses will be included in the next release.
the text is a bit high on bootscreen and its also moved slightly to the left.
The Server Family image will be removed for the next release.
How to make windows setup look black like this?
A Winntbbu.dll (setup screen) will be included in the next release.
i think that the Windows XP logo on the logon is not quite as clear as the logo found on the original logon
Will touch up the logo for the next release.
Some processor architectures also uses file ntkrnlmp.exe. Is this covered?
Nope that file isnt, will add support for ntkrnlmp.exe for the next release.
you may modify the bootscreen resources to make it "smoother". But: You should give me the ability to get the modified.
Ok, I'm going to remove the Server Family image. Also, not sure what you mean about "You should give me the ability to get the modified" ?
Is there a switch to bypass the bootscreen as with XPize?
Sorry no other switches in this version, but the next release will have a variety of switches. :D Edited by zedox

you may modify the bootscreen resources to make it "smoother". But: You should give me the ability to get the modified.
Ok, I'm going to remove the Server Family image. Also, not sure what you mean about "You should give me the ability to get the modified" ?

Either you make the modified bootscreen public as i did or you send it to me - PM?

Edited by ChrisKuhli

This can't be slipstreamed yet.I would advice slipstreaming XPize, and then installing XPize Darkside. A Future release will support slipstreaming, and will no longer be classed an "add-on".

this is great zedox! been requesting for this (switches for integration/slipstreaming) in my earlier posts ... looking forward :) thanks!

Would be greatful if you could point out which backgrounds look pixelated... You are correct, that is how I created the black backgrounds.

Probably just me being picky (the Wizards in your first post screenshot is an indication of some of the pixelated edges).

Like I said, not a big deal tho, just me being picky!

Looking forward to the next release :)