The Darkness - Saviours Of Rock?

jayroller

Are The Darkness the saviours of rock?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Darkness the saviours of rock?

• Hell Yeah!
    • Hell No!
    • Who the Hell are The Darkness?

Hair metal is back! Grown men in catsuits (well, a grown man in a catsuit :rolleyes: ) playing good old-fashioned rock n roll, upbeat and in your face. No Radiohead/Linkin Park/Insert-Other-Band-Here -style miserablism, no 40yr old men in shorts and caps being "hip" and "down wiv da kidz", just a full on late 70's/early 80's rockin' attitude and guitars you could cut cheese with! (Think Def Leppard with talent :) )If you haven't heard them yet (not sure if they've migrated outside the UK yet, but they've got a pretty impressive world tour lined up) then IMHO, you should! See more here www.thedarknessrock.com. Maybe they ain't for everyone, but they're sure as hell for me :punk:

I hate the Darkness they Just trying to b Queen when there not

I've heard other people say that, but I just can't see the connection. The Darkness have more in common with NWOBHM bands like Saxon, early Maiden, Witchfinder General etc than overblown pompous rock like Queen. Don't get me wrong, Queen weren't a bad band by any means, but they were far more pop-orientated than rock, I mean - Fat Bottomed Girls, I Want to Break Free, etc was purely pop. Becoming popular by messing around? Surely thats the whole point, with most bands these days sounding like they've been raised on Valium and gin, it's nice to see a band actually looking like they enjoy what they do, and not taking themselves -and everything else - far too seriously. I stick by my guns - The Darkness rock :)

i hate that 118 118 guys p***es me off then thats on the TV and i hate the darkness
....got your number Dave.... :rolleyes: