reg hacks a thing of the past

You should be able to import the registry tweaks through cmdlines.txt (there are many thread about this), which results in the tweaks being applied to all users (as it is the Default User account being used at this point in setup)

The problem I'm now having on my unattended is that my mian login is not admin. Therefore, when I do a guirunonce as admin, my really freakin huge regtweaks.reg fires off as it's supposd to, ad all is well with the admin user.

Of course, once i login with my normal user account (which is an admin in my AD, not a local account), anything that was set in hkey_current_user is no longer applicable, since administrator is no longer the current user.

I got annoyed by that problem too.

I'll explain this briefly, but will be doing a proper guide on site soon.

Create a cmdlines.txt file which has:

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"

Save cmdlines.txt in the root of the $OEM$ folder. And put regtweaks.reg alongside it

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\regtweaks.reg

Any HKEY Current User tweaks applied from this area will get mapped as Default, so any new user you create afterwards will automatically obtain your custom HKEY Current User tweaks. Good isn't it?

By the way, cmdlines.txt runs at the T-13 minutes stage of Windows XP Setup.

You guys rock. Making the changes now, in addition to throwing my new custom winntbbu.dll into the mix.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be purchaing a DVD burner today. Many apps will be installed. Many people will be happy.

Everyone from MSFN.org will be excluded from those agaist the wall when I assume control of the universe.

EDIT:

Yep. Bought the DVD burner. Installing everything that I could dig up media for. The entire universe is weeping at the amount of time that my dvd takes to get to the GUI setup...1.5 hours and counting.

/sigh

• 4 weeks later...

:) All~

I've got some problems with [cmdline.txt] in [T-13] ( what's this "T-13" ? can someone tell me? )

When [cmdline.txt] runs [allbatchs.cmd] .... some messages look like [AssocIsDangerous lose SHLWAPI.dll] !! ....but why I lose something of drivers.cab ? ( If I got mistake ? it looks like something about drivers....) anyway, I don't know how to find out the point of that :/ Can some body help me ?

I made a [W2KSP4+IE6+DX9+WMP9+AdobeReader6.0+Photoshop7.0+...anything we use to install....] Unattended CD , and here is my CD tree -> [$OEM$\$1 with cmdlines.txt & "allbatchs".cmd & "allregs".reg ; $OEM$\$1\"allinstallfiles"\"eachfiles"\"eachfiles"Setup.exe /switch] can you understand this ?

Excuse me~ I'm not good to show what I wanna mean , sorry !!

and I wish to install Photoshop,AdobeReader,anything I wanna put to D:\ , not to all in C:\......is it passable ?? I did it , but fail :D

I wish to learned something from here , but I'm too poor in English....beside of here , I can't find any place to read how to make a Perfect Pretty Good Boot CD !!

there seems French M$ it was translated , but I still can't read it !!

So I hope to someone can ease my confuse , maybe nobody understand what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

anyway....THX &

Merry Xmas !!

Edited by llblur

Once again ... I spoke too soon: I did not look at the first link you posted, and I thought it was an english to french translation, which is why I posted a French website. I thought you were french speaking. If you are looking for POE (Plain Old English) Aaron's guide should be more than enough:

http://unattended.MSFN.org

(Sorry Aaron ... )

I'm not surprised you could not understand it: those automatic translators are ... different

GreenMachine~ THX a lot ~

Before I start to make Boot CD , I read [unattended MSFN.org] all night...

till I understand [unattended MSFN.org] said , I found another way to do....

[cmdlines.txt] + [xx.cmd] install software before Windows setup finished.....

and I tried Google search and search....but there's not much action about [How to use CMDLines.txt for W2K]

I wanna learn cmdlines.txt to install everything with Windows , it looks clearly

(cmdlines.txt)    ?    (001.cmd)            I want to install everything with this

[Commands]  ?        ECHO.

".\001.cmd"   ?      ECHO Install 001

".\002.cmd"   ?      ECHO PLEASE WAIT...

".\003.cmd"  ?          start /wait %systemdrive%\001\001setup.exe /switch

I put .txt & .cmd under $OEM$ , and mkdir as : $OEM$\$1\installs\....

when setup finished , C:\install was not removed :/

I don't know how to using CMDlines.txt , and I wanna Know it :)

[GreenMachine's Space~Using cmdlines.txt] , Error 404 :rolleyes:

anyway , Thank you

The Using CMDLINES.TXT link has been fixed.

You only need $OEM$\$1\Installs if you use GUIRunOnce in WINNT.SIF, otherwise you can run your files from the CD. The C:\Installs directory must be deleted either manually, or from a batch file called by GUIRunOnce, or something similar.

You won't find too much reading about CMDLINES.TXT, as there is not too much to it. It is just a text file with simple commands that will be executed at the T-13 point, where setup indicates that it will complete in 13 minutes.

• 4 months later...

don't know how it'd be an addition, as most of them have probally already been reported, just changed to INF format.

to test it really easily, just add it to the section in Txtsetup.sif that loads the hives, add the entry for where it's supposed to go in txtsetup.sif and add the entry to DOSNET.INF and then during the blue part of setup, if there is any syntax problems.....it will let you know