Reinstall MSN's Explorer Browser from CD

forjonny

I wanted to re-integrate Msn Explorer, aka the Butterfly Browser, back into my system. I went to hard drive>>Properties>>Disk Cleanup>>More options>> and put a check into the MSN Explorer and hit next. It wanted to browse to the CD so I put that in and it could not find it.

Where should I tell it to look for this file, folder?

Please don't tell me to download it from MSN. I want to explore the CD to get it that way. Do not want it from the Internet. Having trouble with online right now so I just want to use CD. I have tried to explore it and found some migration file under Win9Xmig that was called MSMEXPLOR though.

There's nothing wrong with using IE7.

Hmm, I should have kept a list of the topics on MSFN and NeoWin where people say that this or that stopped working properly the moment they used IE7. IE7 is just IE6 with tabbed browsing and seemingly problematic for a lot of people. M$ recently made a silent fix to the phishing filter as well, which causes a lot of problem for people, especially where I work.

No, thanks. Opera for me. :)

IE7 is just IE6 with tabbed browsing and seemingly problematic for a lot of people.

If that were true those applications wouldn't have stopped working because the rendering engine would still be exactly the same. :)

I know what you're talking about. A friend of mine uses an older version of QuickBooks Pro. Certain features (that he doesn't use) don't work with IE7 and Intuit says they have no intention of releasing a patch for that version to work with IE7. Of course they aren't...they want him to buy the latest version, which is several thousand dollars. BUT, is it Microsoft's or IE7's fault that Intuit won't fix it? Would that application work if he switched his browser to Firefox or Opera? The answer is No to both.

My point is, there were a lot of changes from IE6 to IE7. Microsoft did this to fix problems and complaints from previous versions. IE7 was in beta for a year and has been released for 6 months. Every application developer has had plenty of time to fix any potential issues. The problem is that some of them aren't even working on it or they want you to purchase the latest release.

I totally agree and understand what you are saying. It's just that I've seen many people with broken features or compatibility issues after using IE7; many more than those who say they like it. Sure I could go easy on M$ but they waited half a decade before trying to make a new version of IE and only did so because people were liking Firefox and Opera more. Had no one said anything, there would likely still only be IE6 with dozens of Windows Updates.

That's the way I see it. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. :hello:

In november last year a bug was discovered in Firefox where it would show passwords. Recently another bug has been discovered on how Firefox gives access to files on the local HDD. Firefox is a great browser, but has its flaws too.

Well, M$ doesn't go out of their way (releasing security bulletins on a monthly basis) to further secure their browser, unless the big boys complain about it. If it's a bunch of end-users, they'll say "turn off java scripting until next month". :lol:

Hahaha... Now that WAS funny, Jeremy.

Yes, they can be tirans. But remember the good old netscape days. At that time MS did NOT see a future in Internet. Bt the time Netscape had picked up a huge market share, MS started using foul tactics to get that market share back.

An example I remember from personal experience. If you would open the HTML documentation for Exchange 5.5 in Netscape, you wouldn't get an error... Netscape would CTD (crash to desktop - i know you know that Jeremy, just for the people who don't). I am certain, to this day, that MS have changed / crafted their HTML documentation so it could NOT be opened in Netscape.

MS at its best.