Only download what is not currently installed?

Siginet

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I noticed that it looks like in WUD that it detects if an update is not currently installed on the system right?

I see that most of the updates are shown in light blue color... but some (The ones I don't think I have installed) are shown in black.

If this is the case... is there an unattended switch or option to force WUD to automatically download the updates that do not currently exist? The reason I am asking is I am trying to create a Maintenance program I can use with my company and I am looking for a simple way to download all needed updates and have them install automatically. Your program seems to look like the nicest looking and closest to what I am looking for to include in this maint tool.

If the feature is not available... can I request this feature? :)

Thanks. This looks very cool. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it would be great! And we can double benefit from this... Not only download not installed updates, but to SHOW them in the list.

I'd like to have one single storage with all updates on the net or on the usb drive, and client running on the number of pc's with access to updates storage showing me, what to be installed on every single system. And, it would be great to have WUD installing the selected not installed updates using GUI and command line.

• 2 months later...
I noticed that it looks like in WUD that it detects if an update is not currently installed on the system right?

I see that most of the updates are shown in light blue color... but some (The ones I don't think I have installed) are shown in black.

That's the way I figured it to be... No one seems to really know that I have asked. If it does then that is broken because... well for example.... I have .NET Framework v3.0 installed and WUD is acknowledging that. However, WUD tells me that I do not have .NET framework v1.1 and V2.0 or any of v1.1 or v2.0's updates installed. I also have the latest version of Windows Media Player installed and WUD acknowledges that but WUD is also telling me that I do not have any of the previous versions of updates installed prior to the installed latest version. Well DUH!

And the BIG one... WUD tells me that I do not have SP2 for XP installed even though I am running a genuine installation of XP-SP2.

Now, I know what I have installed and what I don't and what I need and what I don't. But what about the poor person that doesn't know these things about their systems and might pick this program up and rely on the above Blue/Black color scheme to lead them through the process?

Regards

P.S.... That is if the Blue/Black Color Scheme means what is installed and what isn't.... If it doesn't then I am wrong in my views on this. I guess this is what happens when you can't get information on why some updates are in blue and some are in black... you just have to guess your way through it.

Edited by dixieppc

• 7 months later...