Directx 9.0c Dec06 for Win2000

datarelm

Ive been working with windows components removal, editing, rearranging, ect since 2003, before i even knew about hfslip or nlite, Nlite and HFslip have made it a WHOLE LOT easier, now what i do know as of now is that according to vorcks instructions nothing is wrong with the configuration of the disc, hotfixes and dx9, wmp9. HFSlip triggers a unclean source whenever you do something "outside the lines" unofficial sp5 is considered outside the lines by hfslip, dx9 can be integrated without ie6 and wmp9 so why are they relevant im racking my brain looking through this mess of hotfixes, vorcks site ect. nothing is incorrect, i integrated sp5 before i ran hfslip and sp5 added IE6, so theres no reason to get the cabs. and i cant quit using sp5 due to the 137gb setup fix it includes, (300gb disk drive) so then that brings us back to the original question will nlite include a dx9 integrator... 2000 IS NOT dead yet whether or not Mr Gates has chosen to discontinue it.

datarelm - I don't doubt your expertise, I'm only trying to help. HFSLIP works best when it detects a clean source. What you may want to try is to let HFSLIP slipstream the USP5 instead of you doing it manually. The point I'm trying to make is that if *any* setup INF files are incorrect, you will get a bum installation. This brings up a question you asked about IE6 hotfixes. Well, HFSLIP processes IE5 hotfixes different than IE6 ones. HFSLIP *thinks* you have IE5, so it may be processing your IE6 hotfixes the way you wouldn't expect. This could lead to bad installation INFs, which could render a bad sourcess folder.

Personally I don't use the USP5, I use individual CAB and hotfix files. All DX9 components are successfully installed less pictures of joysticks/controllers. Many others report successful DX9 slipstreaming with HFSLIP too.

On a sidenote, if you use the list of hotfixes on the link I previously posted, there isn't a 137 gig barrier with a CD install. :)

1) You can leave MPSetup.exe in HFSVCPACK_SW if you prefer but HFSLIP can slipstream it if you put it in the HF folder

2) KB885492 can be slipstreamed even if MPSetup.exe is in the HFSVCPACK_SW folder but it's rather pointless since it's superseded by KB917734

3) The SP5 with IE6 hasn't been tested yet for compatibility; things may go wrong with the IE hotfixes

4) USP5 isn't considered "outside the lines" if it was slipstreamed by HFSLIP

5) HFSLIP takes care of the Win2K 137GB barrier if REG.EXE is present in the HFTOOLS folder

datarelm

I don't play in modern games ;) but as far as I remember a lot of BIG games CD come with DirectX on it. Why not to try refusing to install DX when it asks for it? All needed files and regestry settings are on your computer already (if you HFSLIPed it right ;) and it should work without re-installing DX :)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured out what to do, i just kicked 2000 out on its keester and upgraded (LOL upgraded) to xp sp2 SLIMMED no ie and im doing fine game wise. so consider this deader than ancient history. and sorry about the month long reply..