Video Card

Nerwin

Hey guys

I think my Video card is starting to go, because my computer seems very slow like moving around the windows and starting up, its like when It starts up the screen swipes up and then swipes down. and then like when i minimize and maximize windows then do it there as well, and this has never happened before. My graphic card doesnt really support my Res. of my mointer it, cuz its too high because I have a big screen. So I had to *edited* the card so it would support my screen and when i did that its been working well but now its doing weird things. so if you have any advice, please tell me. thanks

I am also looking for a new Video card as well, the budget is around $100, I would like it to be under $120. I was thinking to go with this graphic card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=E145-7922

It must also be PCIE X16

Thanks

EDIT>>>> Just want to make sure the card will work in my mobo > http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...?ProductID=1925

Edited by computerMan

One thing I noticed when I looked at the specifications of that motherboard is that the PCIe x16 slot is electrically only x4. This means you can put a x16 card in the slot, but it'll only run at x4 speeds. Gigabyte has a list of "officially" supported cards for that motherboard at this page:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...px?NewTechID=82

The problems you're having now may be attributed to the card you currently have not working correctly on that motherboard. I wouldn't take any chances on buying a card that's not on their list (even though I realize that lists consists mostly of Gigabyte cards, it's pretty obvious they've done something...wonky...with that motherboard).

no the video card that I have now works fine, every time a reinstall my OS, theres not one problem with the graphics, its just when after I install everything, then it seems to do that, I have a P4 3.2Ghz W/HT 800fsb and 2048MB of DDR PC3200 Ram and theres no reason why it should be that slow, I thought it was the graphics, but it could be software related, i'm not sure though, I had this current card for almost a year and its been working fine. Now I'm angry cuz I want to buy a new Mobo now! hehe

Edited by computerMan

If you reinstall and it works fine until you start installing software...then you most likely have a software problem. The trick is finding out which piece of software is causing the problem. Do you have constantly high CPU utilization in Task Manager?

If you reinstall and it works fine until you start installing software...then you most likely have a software problem. The trick is finding out which piece of software is causing the problem. Do you have constantly high CPU utilization in Task Manager?

Well i'm not too sure, its always runs at 0%

Edited by computerMan

Nothing's wrong with your card, my friend. From what I've read in your posts, the problems start when you install software, so I'd say to install every piece of software at a time and test the behaviour of your pc to eliminate the culprit. Cheers!

Hmmm.. ok, cuz when I install that theme, then my system seems slower and my specs are:

Intel P4 3.2GHZ 800FSB W/HT

2048 (PC3200) ddr ram

Ati Radeon 9250 128mb AGP

250 GIG Sata-150

Theres no really reason why it should be that slow with hardly any programs installed.

Well, I just reinstalled my computer and I did not install any drivers since Windows XP PRo W/SP2 found "WCD" drivers for it and it works awesome and I just installed my monitor drivers and it works awesome!!! and I found out what was making my system slow, it was my Printer Software!! so I just installed it from "add Hardware wizard" and just installed the drivers for it and it worked good!