Internet phone

Nerwin

Hey guys,

My friend had a question and wasent sure what to tell him, He wanted to know if you can call someone using dail up modem in your PC for free, like you can use your Mic instead of a real phone. hes just wandering if there are any free programs out there. In windows 98 had a program called "windows Dailer" which is what he is looking for that will work in windows XP.

Any Ideas?

ComputerMan, Searching Does Wonders! :rolleyes: The topic even has the exact same title.

Jeremy, yes, searching does do wonders... But he isn't looking for a VoIP solution. He wants to use his dial-up modem to call out and use his microphone as a voice input device.

But yes... Skype is a great alternative to using a modem or landline. Trixbox is great as well, but a little harder to setup. :)

ComputerMan, Searching Does Wonders! :rolleyes: The topic even has the exact same title.

Jeremy, yes, searching does do wonders... But he isn't looking for a VoIP solution. He wants to use his dial-up modem to call out and use his microphone as a voice input device.

But yes... Skype is a great alternative to using a modem or landline. Trixbox is great as well, but a little harder to setup. :)

Yeah for my friend but he found a way to do it so its all good, and by the way I have High Speed :D my friend has DSL and he wants to use his modem to talk to people on his computer using his Mic but he found a way to do it :D