Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

You can try with version 5 and see if this work for you: EDIT: LINK REMOVED. Current version solving this issue. See post #279

You too can try to enclose the problem in the failing script:

- Change first line of the script to ECHO ON and run it from a console.

- As there are a lot of areas read and expanded in block before its execution, under an IF or FOR statement or so, it could be difficult to determine which line is failing, but you can enclose it using witnesses, with new lines like this around the last lines the script reached:

...(CODE)

ECHO OK1&PAUSE

... (CODE)

ECHO OK2&PAUSE

...(CODE)

to see where the script can reach. But I'm still thinking something in your system interferes.

Edited by strel

You can try with version 5 and see if this work for you:

You too can try to enclose the problem in the failing script:

- Change first line of the script to ECHO ON and run it from a console.

- As there are a lot of areas read and expanded in block before its execution, under an IF or FOR statement or so, it could be difficult to determine which line is failing, but you can enclose it using witnesses, with new lines like this around the last lines the script reached:

...(CODE)

ECHO OK1&PAUSE

... (CODE)

ECHO OK2&PAUSE

...(CODE)

to see where the script can reach. But I'm still thinking something in your system interferes.

Ok m8 thanks I will use the SNM_mod5.cmd and try again and see what happens...

Thanks for your help!

Stoner81.

Ok I have tried it with the SNM_mod5.cmd script and its getting weird now!!!!

Ok.... this works sort of since it says its processing the 3.5 installer and processes everything no problems and then gets to .NET v2 and throws out the attached error message but it does create DNF11, DNF20, DNF30, DNF35 so I know that my system can handle it the only thing I can think of is if there is something slightly wrong in the new script SNM_mod7.cmd???

Not to sure though here m8 does this make things a bit clearer on the problem?

Stoner81.

post-196854-1229378452_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!!!!! I have read the link you gave m8 and I re-rean the script SNM_mod5.cmd and it ran no problems with no error message. From the looks of it, it is NOD32 thats causing this error as it is scanning the file at the same time as the installer is trying to access it.

I have created a merged installer which is 52.7MB in size does this sound about right?

Thank you a million times over for all your help!!!!!

Stoner81.

I read too quickly. THAT'S NOT RIGHT.

In post #322 you said "...1. I have not modified the SNM.ini answer file just to keep things simple." But actually you're building merged installers which is not the default.

That's why my tests didn't match yours. And that's why you're describing in your next post the same error than ferk in post #319.

I'm working on it.

Edited by strel

Yes, right. You can try to use SNM_mod7, I think it should be the same problem.

I dont think so m8 because when using the SNM_mod5.cmd it says its processing the 3.5 Installer whereas the SNM_mod7.cmd does not say it at all and gives no error message whatsoever so I dont think its the same problem.

This is what I got with SNM_mod7.cmd

Processing .NET installer...

Creating merged .NET 1.1 , , and installer...

Done!

Press any key to quit..

Stoner81.

Edited by Stoner81

1. I have not modified the SNM.ini answer file just to keep things simple.

2. I ran the SNM_mod7.cmd script to create the installers as shown in strel's post.

This ONLY created a silent installer for v1 of the .NET Framework and not the others even though they are there and have not be renamed or anything (I followed the instructions to the letter) the script ran smoothly with no errors saying a file was missing or anything at all so I have not got a clue!!!

Please help!!!!

Stoner81

Holy hell, why i didn't saw this before? Does anyone already know what i mean? :) I feel ashamed!

Stoner81, create a backup of the SNM files you've modified, then download SNM_mod7.zip again and extract it, open the _SNM.ini with Notepad or something and scroll to the last two lines, here you change

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=

to

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL

and the line below has to be:

COMPRESSION_RATIO=

the files you need are:

1. SNM Script by Tomcat76
  2. SNM_7 Script by strel
  3. .NET Framework 1.1
  4. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
  5. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Update
  6. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

if you need the language packs, select a language and download these two additionally:

1. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Language Pack
  2. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Language Pack

1. I have not modified the SNM.ini answer file just to keep things simple.

2. I ran the SNM_mod7.cmd script to create the installers as shown in strel's post.

This ONLY created a silent installer for v1 of the .NET Framework and not the others even though they are there and have not be renamed or anything (I followed the instructions to the letter) the script ran smoothly with no errors saying a file was missing or anything at all so I have not got a clue!!!

Please help!!!!

Stoner81

Holy hell, why i didn't saw this before? Does anyone already know what i mean? :) I feel ashamed!

Stoner81, create a backup of the SNM files you've modified, then download SNM_mod7.zip again and extract it, open the _SNM.ini with Notepad or something and scroll to the last two lines, here you change

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=

to

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL

and the line below has to be:

COMPRESSION_RATIO=

the files you need are:

1. SNM Script by Tomcat76
  2. SNM_7 Script by strel
  3. .NET Framework 1.1
  4. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
  5. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Update
  6. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

if you need the language packs, select a language and download these two additionally:

1. .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Language Pack
  2. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Language Pack

Thanks for the help here buddy I will try this and see what happens then report back here.

Thanks again!

Stoner81.

EDIT - Tried doing this m8 and the end result was no .exe made it just vanished for some reason!

I did post that by using strel's SNM_mod5.cmd script I made a merged installer which was just over 52MB in size. I will test this installer and see what happens.

Edited by Stoner81

I read too quickly. THAT'S NOT RIGHT.

In post #322 you said "...1. I have not modified the SNM.ini answer file just to keep things simple." But actually you're building merged installers which is not the default.

That's why my tests didn't match yours. And that's why you're describing in your next post the same error than ferk in post #319.

I'm working on it.

Sorry strel thats my bad there m8 :( really sorry about that (I feel a reet plonker)

Stoner, i think your current installation of .NET on the computer you're trying to build the Silent .NET Installer. For me, on two computers, the SNM_7.cmd works perfectly.

One try: Uninstall .NET completely and reinstall it using the files you've downloaded (run dosnetfx35.exe (231 MB) first, then 35langpack, then 1.1 > sp1 > update > langpack). then try building a Silent Installer again.

If the new installer doesn't work then there is something really broken on your pc. can you try on a different or reinstall on one?

Big Thanks! to you Strel!!!

Mod8 works perfect.

Only a smal minor cosmetic thing, I only use "dotnetfx35.exe" and it say:

Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 installer...

Creating merged .NET 1.1 , 2.0 SP2 , 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 installer...

And the filename is: "DNF1120SP230SP235SP1.exe"

Well, thanks once again!!!