BOOTABLE NORTON ANTIVIRUS CD

piyush pathak

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS,

I frequently have virus problems on my and my friends computer. I want to make bootable, scannable CD of Norton antivirus-2004. How can I do this?

Can I update virus defination on that bootable CD, by making new CD so I can scan my computer without installing software with new defination set ?

Please guide me.

Thanks.

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS,

I frequently have virus problems on my and my friends computer. I want to make bootable, scannable CD of Norton antivirus-2004. How can I do this?

Can I update virus defination on that bootable CD, by making new CD so I can scan my computer without installing software with new defination set ?

Please guide me.

Thanks.

I don't know about norton bootable cd, but there is a avast! BART CD which is a bootable antivirus cd with which we can scan, edit the registry and son on...

try googling for it

I frequently have virus problems

[snip]

Please guide me.

The only real guidance I may have: if you're having such virus problems all the time, then something's wrong. Running an unpatched system with no firewall and browsing with IE? Running every executable downloaded from anywhere as admin?

You shouldn't have problems like this. Removing viruses is a bit like fixing a flat tire. It may happen once a year or something, but anymore than that, you don't just keep fixing the consequences of the problem, you find why it's happening, and fix that!

I wouldn't use Norton either.

I know that a boot time virus scan is possible with the bootable cd that came with NSW 2005. You can remake the cd with new definitions if you want. You can also use the UpdateLocator function, that downloads the latest definitions to where you choose and then you browse to them via the bootable cd and tell it to use those definitions, or use the definitions that are on the cd. Might not be a 2004 NSW cd that does this though. Maybe go 2005 wise?