msvbvm60.dll?

daddydave

What is the significance of msvbvm60.dll that some people put in the FIX folder? I see it has something to do with VB. Is there a bad version in the original source?

Edited by daddydave

Not so much replacing a bad DLL, but it comes standard with XP; and I know CCleaner is dependent on it.

So I can introduce new DLL's in that folder there in addition to FIXing DLL's if I understand you correctly...

I might try putting gdiplus.dll there then to see if it makes Launchy happy...

Edited by daddydave

To replace an existing file permanently, overwrite the original file yourself in the SOURCE folder.

To replace a compressed file that would exist in SOURCESS\I386 near the end of an HFSLIP run, place the new compressed file in the FIX folder.

To replace an uncompressed file that would exist in SOURCESS\I386 near the end of an HFSLIP run, place the new uncompressed file in the FIX folder.

There is also HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT. The new files should always be uncompressed. ModifyPE is run on files in APPREPLACEMENT before they are slipstreamed.

Edited by Tomcat76

For gdiplus.dll, there is a hotfix named gdiplus_dlnd.exe for 2K that you can place in HF.

Thanks, Super-Magician, that fixed my Launchy issue. Ironically I already had two versions of the file from .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.