Norton Firewall!

Don't worry, we all hate Norton. No need to double post, though here's what you need.

I use this tool constantly at work to kill leftovers of Norton.

Norton Removal Tool

Generally, I try to uninstall all of it that I can, then I simply run the tool above and the computer tends to work like new once Norton is gone.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't worry, we all hate Norton. No need to double post, though here's what you need.

I use this tool constantly at work to kill leftovers of Norton.

Norton Removal Tool

Generally, I try to uninstall all of it that I can, then I simply run the tool above and the computer tends to work like new once Norton is gone.

That's helpful to say the least, but it's not the whole game.

Examining the Symantec sites I've found that there are THREE programs involved in completely removing Norton products from a PC.

The first is a batch file that removes the attributes from the Norton .dll files so that they can be deleted, by the Second program "SymNRT.exe". Finally the third program is a Registry Script to remove up to 1891 registry entries left over by Norton.

For ease of access and execution, I've numbered these programs 1, 2 and 3 and put them into a 7Zip, self extracting file and called it Norton Killer.

Download this file into a new folder on your desktop and click it to unpack it, then run the three programs in numerical order. "2-SymNRT.exe" will usually reboot your system. After the reboot, come back and run the last program to clean up the registry.

When all three programs have run, your PC should be completely Norton FREE. :thumbup

"Minus Crud is Cool!"

Cheers!

Andromeda43 B)

Unfortunately that is incorrect. There is now only one application (the current SymNRT.exe) that handles removing Norton and Symantec products. You no longer need the other two files that they published at one time.