Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Should be OK in svcpack, but I'll let you know in an hour

knewman01 - I'll add that to the next unattended test and see if it works without Office 2003 being installed. Will install Office 2003 afterwards to see if the patch still took effect then.

The ASN.1 update works fine in svcpack.

Even the font update works in svcpack when installed before Office 2003, but installing Office 2003 afterwards restores the bad symbols and WU doesn't notice the change :/

What about this one found on Windows Update (Critical Updates):

819639 Flaw in Windows Media Player May Allow Media Library Acess - June 25/03.

I dont see it on the list....or did i miss something.

:)

I think 819639 is replaced by Q828026: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Command. Can someone confirm please.

Aida 32 does a better job then arron xp will as i have noticed most of the those updates have been replaced SP2 will soon come out is what i here i hope so that will give us a better edge to keep track of updates. Hopefully the we all be secure for the "big one". its possible to do.

Aida 32  does a better job  then arron xp will as i have noticed most of the those updates have been replaced  SP2  will soon come out is what i here i hope so that will  give us a better edge  to keep track of updates.  Hopefully the we all be secure for the "big one".  its possible to do.

man put some "," in between i had to read 3 times to understand it or put differnt stuff on different lines

first i read " aida 32 does a better job than aaron xp will" :)

i just ran MBSA and it found 1 problem.. says msxml needs to update to sp4 .. went to microsoft and found this..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Critical Update for Microsoft XML 3.0 Service Pack 4 - KB832414

Microsoft XML Parser

Overview

This update contains Microsoft XML (MSXML) functionality that will allow applications using MSXML to continue to function correctly after security update 832894, Security Update for Internet Explorer, has been applied. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

looks like update 832894 was a buggy update.