Vista tcpip limit

duceyaj

I set my max half connections in emule to 4, max new connections per 5 sec to 2, and after a couple hours I have not had any event 4226 warnings and no disconnects... emule seems to be functioning just fine, though it takes a little longer to make the initial connections (as expected). I enabled IPv6 and turned windows firewall back on, and so far so good.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for digging up a relatively old thread, but I'd just like to throw an extra spanner in the works.

I'm also having issues with tcpip / dhcp / various other things related to vista networking, and they are very similar to these situations here. First off, I'll give you a little bit of information.

I'm using RC2 (5600). I'm connecting to my belkin adsl router via a belkin (broadcom) 802.11g wireless card. The router doesn't have any firewall functionality, and is merely an adsl modem / router combo.

While I sit here browsing the internet, and posting on forums, my network connection is fine. However, as soon as I start to do something that uses a lot of bandwidth (http downloads, ftp downloads, torrents, and even file tranfers from a linux box with WinSCP), my network card loses it's connection to the router. At this point, the only way I can reconnect is by disabling and re-enabling the network card in device manager. The download will resume (or start again), but after a brief period, the connection will die again.

I'm looking at Event Viewer, and I'm getting back a number of warnings and errors, as follows:

Event: 4226

Description: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Event: 1003

Description: Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00115035F6B4.

Event: 4001

Description: WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

I've tried turning autotuning off, disabling windows firewall, disabling IPv6, turned off uPnP on my router (read this from another forum), and seemingly nothing works. The router stays connected to the internet the whole time, and my housemate has no connection problems at all - just me, using Vista.

Because this is not just limited to me using a torrent client (actually, I spend most of my time in WinSCP getting files from work), it's becoming a horrendous pain in the derrier. If anyone else can shed any light on this, it would be very much appreciated.

any of you try using the winxp sp2 tcpip.sys and tcpip6.sys files? not sure if it will work tho. for me, vista works fine for torrents...

for x64 sp2 rc, there is no patch so i used my x64 sp1 files and it worked fine. not sure how they will work for xp to vista tho.