WPI 5.6

What lang OS are you using?

Just US English on this one.

It's a minor annoyance. Otherwise, it works great, and I think it's a very well done piece of code.

While you're here, though, I have another possibly stupid question.. Can you tell me if there's any way to compensate for the root dir. being auto-included in the config when adding items? (aside from manually removing it, or mapping a drive letter to that dir, which I can do, just prefer not to for various reasons.)

For example, my source is arranged like this..

\KelXP\

..........|$OEM$

..........|i386

..........|WPI\

..................|Kelstuff

etc..

So, every item I add gets the path %CDROM%\KelXP\WPI\Kelstuff\... which, when burned and run would fail spectacularly :) I've scanned the forums as well as a few configs I've found posted, but don't see how everyone's handling it.

Cool! Another Kel exists! Seems you abbreviate out of necessity, whereas I do so out of laziness. :) Still, I'm a guest, so I'll go by Kelx here, so no one mistakenly attached any unwarranted credibility to my posts. :)

-Kelx

Edited by kelaniz

Right now we are handling it manually but in the next 1-2 versions we will re-add in the root Dir option that use to be in there.

Let me think of how we will add it in.

Another way (Cheating) is to use a more advanced text editor like notepad2 yay! Then when you open your config.js file simply highlight \\kelxp and under edit choose rename then leave the replace with box blank and choose replace all and it will delete all of those.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

That option works. I plan on burning my first test today, and hopefully it'll go well. The only problems I anticipate are from using the commands in the menu boxes to the left of the commands. (FILECREATE, DIRCREATE, %SLEEP%) I have a few questions about those that I couldn't find in the documentation or forums. (can't find anything. am I blind or is it just not documented, yet?)

For one example, I want to create a subdir in \Program Files, copy files from the CD there, run the installer from CD (which asks for a password to install), then wait, and install a patch when that install finishes.

Using WinRAR as an example, Would these commands be the correct syntax to create the directory, copy WinRAR themes DIR from CD, run the installer, wait 20 sec. and then copy my license key?

Cmd 1: MAKEDIR "%programfiles%\WinRAR\"

Cmd 2: DIRCOPY "%CDROM%\WPI\KelStuff\Apps\WinRAR_Pro\Themes\" "%programfiles%\WinRAR\"

Cmd 3: "%programfiles%\WinRAR\wrar360.exe" %sleep% 20

Cmd 4: FILECOPY "%CDROM%\WPI\KelStuff\Apps\WinRAR_Pro\rarreg.key" "%programfiles%\WinRAR\"

Oh yeah, any idea about that language error? I attached a JPG of the error I see after a fresh install, (and every start).

post-119501-1167770846_thumb.jpg

@kelaniz:

You can't put %sleep% 20 like you have in CMD3. Must be broken up:

CMD3: %programfiles%\....whatever....\winrar.exe

CMD4: %sleep% 20

CMD5: blah blah

OSLanguage is being pulled from Win32_OperatingSystem. What OS and language (and country) are you using?

@kelaniz:

You can't put %sleep% 20 like you have in CMD3. Must be broken up:

CMD3: %programfiles%\....whatever....\winrar.exe

CMD4: %sleep% 20

CMD5: blah blah

OSLanguage is being pulled from Win32_OperatingSystem. What OS and language (and country) are you using?

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case. I'll change that. I ended up creating WinRAR SFX archives for a few of the entries that needed operations I don't yet know how to accomplish with WPI.

As for the OS / Language question, I'm using WinXP Pro SP2, English (United States)

Funny thing though, I was tweaking my config yesterday, and added an app. Saved, and for some reason closed and reopened WPI, now the error no longer appears! However, on my backup box, which is an exact mirror of this one, it still persists. So, I don't know what happened. I didn't make any changes, and the error appeared on both WPI clean installs' since the first run.

One more thing.. Is there a list of all the windows variables beyond those in the dropdown box, (i.e. %programfiles%) WPI can read, and example syntax and switches for the DOS commands? It'd be really helpful for those less-familiar with command lines to know exactly how to use FILEEXISTS as well as how FILECOPY/DIRCOPY operate in WPI. Otherwise, you have to assume they function the same as the DOS command, which varies. For example, some variants of copy have switches to copy and auto-create subdirectories, and some don't. Same with leaving out a trailing backslash when copying a directory. One variant of copy copies the directory as a file, while another correctly copies it as a directory.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help. Love the app so far!

-kz

Edited by kelaniz

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Kel...

I got an Idea... Instead of using a .reg file to apply the WPI Install theme that extracts to %systemroot%\resources\themes\Royale

Instead make an INF file that extracts to %systemroot%\inf and use setup=Theme.inf in the comments section of the RAR SFX

Heres MY Royale.exe Theme DoHicky Moddified http://www.mytempdir.com/1218115

Edited by ricktendo64