Vista RTM Nvidia Drivers

ebin25

I cannot find Vista RTM drivers (even beta.) I assume this is why I keep getting black screen with an error message saying display drivers have stopped responding. Can you confirm that the drivers are the problem, or offer a solution? (I have located Vista RC1 and RC2 x86 and x64 drivers.... but NOT RTM)

driverissueuq3.th.jpg

Video card keeps overheating as well. it is a eVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI Express x16 (single card only, no sli)

In addition, Media Center flickers really bad. This may be because of video drivers, but not sure.

nvidiadriversdi6.jpg

I just visited Nvidia web site. They have drivers for RC1, RC2, x86 and x64.... but nothing for RTM. Could this be the cause? I just want to make sure that its my card b4 spending $600 on a sli configuration.

Edited by ebin25

Video card keeps overheating as well.

This is the cause of flickering. Check the fan on the card heatsink and make sure it is running properly. Clean the dust accumulated on the blades and around them. Use a can of compressed air to blow it away. nVIDIA hasn't released Vista RTM drivers as yet, those for RC 2 should work OK. I've got a 6600GT in my rig and runs OK.

Problems only started when switched to vista.... but i will rip the card out and clean it up as well as I can (no duster on hand)

furthermore, I could not find vista drivers for my mobo (A8n SLI-Premium) Any help locating these drivers woul dbe appreciated.

I am off to clean the card brb

EDIT: Cleaned Card... and it was dirty (funny cause I dont have any pets.) I removed the plate from around the fan, and blew all the dust out until I almost passed out. Its as clean as any duster would have gotten it. Still suffering from same issue. (Overheating issue may be resolved... too early to tell.)

I will continue searching for chipset drivers, but I doubt I will have any luck. Help in this matter would be appreciated.

Edited by ebin25

SOLVED: I bought a (long needed) Antec 550W PSU, and brought the water cool unit out of the woodwork. CPU temp is way down, and no more overheating video card. All issues have disappeared. Thanks for all help and suggestions.

seems that vista is just a bit more demanding than xp, so my hardware was working overtime. watercooling my cpu, video card, and hd was just the medicine it needed. I was barking up the wrong tree with driver issues.

Edited by ebin25

• 2 weeks later...

Vista is really pants on driver support. I had to use 96.33 nVidia drivers just to get the proper 1440x900 resolution support for my monitor, None of the new drivers would allow me todo it. I also had that same error with the driver crashing and being recovered.

Also having to confirm everything 15times just to move some files or delete something or access MMC is a real pain in the a**.

Needless to say Vista still needs some major improvements, the RTM release is still just as crap as the RC1 i tried a while back.