firefox

dirtwarrior

I upgraded to the newest version of firefox the other day. Since then I have been having trouble with surfing the net. Its not as fast and it jumps to the next screen(it sometimes takes a while) and sometimes but not often just closes. Is there a way to fix this or go back to the older version without loosing my bookmarks?

Has anyone else experienced this?

DW

I upgraded to the newest version of firefox the other day. Since then I have been having trouble with surfing the net. Its not as fast and it jumps to the next screen(it sometimes takes a while) and sometimes but not often just closes. Is there a way to fix this or go back to the older version without loosing my bookmarks?

Has anyone else experienced this?

DW

are you talking about ff2 ? because im having issues with it,, some pages arent loading up correctly with css and yes speed issues to, even after using fire tune on it, it still dosnt seem to have the stability of the older versions,

i havnt found any fixes yet, but i am thinking of down grading to the older version

Is a downgrade possible without loosing bookmarks?

backing your book marks up is easy,, i do mine the good ole manual way,, just go to your

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<what ever default number your assigned>

and just copy the file bookmarks.html and thats it

when your ready to use them again just make sure your new firefox is closed first and just over write the new bookmarks.html with your backed up version,,, then start up firefox and presto chango, your done..

I used ff2..and the tabs just wont close..:( and also the session cannot be recovered..so I downgraded to previous version now..:)

strange issues ive never had that problem and i couldnt find any one posting any issues like that on the mozilla forums ,