you’re Ecological Footprint

Nerwin

To whom it may concern:

My name is Nick Erwin and I am taking a class at Harwood Union High School called Creating Sustainable Communities (CSC). All the students in this class had to take a quiz online called “you’re Ecological Footprint” (http://www.myfootprint.org). I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to take this quiz to gain a better understanding of what we are doing to the environment. This questionnaire quizzes you on how much energy you use and how much waste you create and whether or not you contribute positively to a sustainable community. I think it’s important for people to take this quiz because it makes you think about what you are doing to the environment. I took this quiz and I think you should to because I learned a lot from it. Even making little changes in the way you live can make a big difference. Here are three easy things you can do:

- Use energy efficient light bulbs.

- Increase your recycling efforts.

- Compost.

Please Forward this to other people.

"IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.8 PLANETS." :lol:

Hah! I got you beat :P 3.6 planets. I find the quiz a bit weird though, and perhaps setup so pretty much everybody would need several planets. I got a 3.6 planets even though I picked "0km" in both motorbike and car, and walking often. Then, there are nice questions like "do you have electricity in your home" (which is kinda funny - "no, but I'm on the internet answering surveys?"). Houses without electricity aren't exactly common (electricity usage varies a great deal from one to another though). And they classify eating meat once a day - which is what most "eating guides" recommend (apart from substitutes) - as "very often"! Oh, and dairy products count, too. So if you have that glass of milk a day (or perhaps just milk in your coffee?) then you're automatically in the "almost always", even if you never eat any meat. It's pretty easy to score over 4 when the real problem might be more along of "over population" (in certain areas) than ridiculous way over the top consumption. Yes, we definitely over-consume, but by more than 600%?

Didn't know "I'm ecological footprint" though ;)

Edited by crahak

I agree with what crahak said. A good single question would be: How many kids do you have? I'm not asking anyone the question. It's just that with each generation, the worlds population goes up. If everyone limits themselves to two children, then the worlds population will slowly go down. If you only have two children, then you will have more to offer each, including space on this planet.

DL