Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
erpdude8

Undelete Plus for Windows 98FE/98SE/ME

Help files with the HLP extension are no longer accessible in Windows Vista.

Yep, most probably the guys at MS dropped support for .hlp files to reduce size of Vista installation....;):whistle:

jaclaz

personally I too do like the ol' HLP help format which uses WinHelp and runs faster. too bad many software makers are using the CHM format to write Help files. that dont bother me!

Good thing many of us (BenoitRen, myself, etc.) are NOT going to touch Windows Vista or even upgrade to it. Windows Vista killed the HLP help format as WinHlp32.exe is no longer included there.

Read the article here of how Winhlp32.exe is not included in Vista:

http://bink.nu/Article9369.bink

Help files with the HLP extension are no longer accessible in Windows Vista.

There's an update available to install the winhlp32.exe file. KB917607 for Vista adds support for the .hlp format.

the_guy